Little sunshine

Those who read aqua_angel's blog know that our friend Sunny and her husband Sunny Boy are now the proud parents of a baby Sunny Girl! *swoons*

But I think everyone was convinced she was going to be a boy. Much like how everyone thought yours truly was going to be a boy.

At least they had a name ready for Sunny Girl...rather than her being nameless for a few days. And what a wonderful thought it was to name Sunny Girl after Sexy Eyes. Sexy Eyes meant a lot to Sunny. A beautiful tribute.

Last night we also celebrated/lamented Daisy's last day of her teaching contract at her school. Hoo boy, last night was a bit more socially indulgent than I've managed in a long while.

5 martinis in 2 hours. 5 martinis in 2 hours between two lounges and a pub. Mind you I didn't drink anything at the pub. My wallet was sizzling with activity, I'll tell you that much. I don't normally gouge out my funds on alcohol like that...at least not in one night.

But martinis are soooo yummy.

Just on an impulsive whim I dragged the girls to Shaken Drink Room as I had never heard of it before. According to the waitress it had just opened...so new it hadn't even had its grand opening yet. Martinis were more expensive than at Mortal Coil, and at first we thought we were perhaps at a gay lounge (not that we're phobic or anything) due to Bizkette seeing two guys making out at the other end but were proven wrong by the end of our stay. I like the set-up a lot more than Mortal Coil, but their martinis aren't the best I've ever had.

We also went to Ship and Anchor and I tried a sip of Daisy's apricot beer. Yup, I still don't like beer...making it apricot flavored doesn't change my preferences much.

I had a hardcore need for noshies, however, 'cuz of all my beverage intake. So the night ended at Denny's. I should've had my smothered cheese fries...but alas I didn't. Oh well.

The purse of the day: Hello Kitty!

The cat's on the bag.

It's actually a lunchbag that I got from Civic on one of my birthdays...but I use it as a purse instead. I chose this purse for today's feature since it's pink for a new baby girl and it is symbolic of a lot of childhood memories. I can't wait to see what kind of things Sunny Girl is going to grow up enjoying.

Comments