Totes and thongs

I guess I've left a couple of loose ends here on the blog. First off, I realized I had never shown you my beloved Derek Alexander bag. After a teensy bit of concern that it would not be in my hot little hands before Christmas they miraculously arrived the day before Christmas Eve. Since then, I have been toting it around proudly whenever I have the urge to be all "urban socialite." It's been such a major part of holidays/2004 wardrobe that it slipped my mind to even show it off on here. It wasn't until a couple of the girls I work with noticed my bag and started raving about it that I realized I hadn't given darling DALy (like Salvador Dali) a proper introduction. Behold, here she is.

Sweet DALy.

Forgive the shoddiness of my picture; it doesn't do my purse justice. It's a small little guy, kind of a bowling bag/baguette hybrid. Gorgeous high quality leather. And that weird smudge-looking thing dead center on my bag is the Derek Alexander name embossed onto the leather. I realize she may not seem like much to some. Particularly those who actually own such luxuries as a Coach purse. *a tad envious of the Madpony sisters even if they have to share one Coach bag* But here in Calgary, since it's a local company/national success, it's a pretty significant statement to be toting one of these around. Not only that, but if you have tastes like mine then you must know that Derek Alexander bags don't normally suit our style. As one colleague of mine put it, my DAL bag is the "hottie" whereas the others we have seen are more the "mommies" of the Derek Alexander line.

Not to mention I love knowing that I got it for a steal of a price. One of my customers actually had the exact same bag as me. I commented on it and asked did she not just absolutely love her purse?

She replied "oh, it's a lovely bag alright...but try and explain the 'lovely' price to my husband over there!" And I was confused for a minute there...but then I remembered the retail price of my purse and I secretly gloated to myself. Tee hee.

2nd thing I forgot to follow through on in here is my hinting about some fun mail I had received. Unfortunately, I had not received my end of the deal so I guess things fell through when my friends forwarded on their letters, but it was still fun and I know the pal that sent it to me got some goodies back thanks to my efforts :) What I had wanted to share with you all was this fun little "panty exchange" that some girl started a while ago. No, not dirty underwear, ewwww. Sort of a pyramid scheme, sort of a chain letter but at least nothing bad is threatened upon you should you not choose to participate. (Although it does ask the recipient to let the sender know if they can't partake in the activity...and my friends thankfully did let me know when they couldn't come through so I was still able to send out letters to replace those who would have ended up as "dead-ends.") The idea was to send the letter out to 6 friends with 2 addresses (the one who sent it to you and your own) listed in the letter. Your 6 friends send it on to 6 more friends each. Each of those friends (36) send you a pair of CLEAN (and hopefully cute) pair of panties. So you end up with 36 pairs of snazzy knickers! Meanwhile, your friends were part of the 36 pairs that would be sent to the girl (we hope and assume) who sent you the letter originally.

Alas, like I said, I guess the exchange got killed in its tracks before I got some pretty underthings sent my way. I'll have to see if any of my friends got anything out of this fun little game.

And I know I didn't explain it very well, but if you'd like a copy of the original letter I'd be happy to type you up a copy so you and your friends could give it a go. A worldwide panty revolution! Just email me and let me know.

Oh, and don't be too sad for me :) I bought myself some pretty little panties to make up for those I didn't receive. I know I tend to spoil myself.

Comments