Who can explain it? Who can tell you why?

Fools give you reasons wise men never try.

I love South Pacific. I used to think that Bloody Mary's daughter's name was Leah (like me! But pronounced the "other" way.) so that made me pretty happy.

And then I watched it again and found out I was mistaken. Her name's Liat.

Anyway, that's not what I wanted to talk about. My knee still hurts. I figured Halloween to New Year's Eve should be plenty of time for it to "heal" or whatever it needs to do so I could enjoy my NYE grooving with the best of them. Apparently not.

"I'm never gonna dance again, (busted knees) have got no rhythm."

Sorry George Michael.

I pushed myself regardless. But my evening's enjoyment came at a price. By the end of the night I was miserable going downstairs to the coat check and then back up to head out of Tequila. And that chick stepping on my foot didn't help things, either.

So I've been resting the knee again. Within reason, of course. Alright, within Leah-logic. When the knee started feeling better again...I could do my salsa and belly-dancing tapes without too much concern...I decided it was time to head back to the gym. I was missing my routine terribly and due to the holidays and business it had been over 3 weeks since I had last gone.

I weighed myself mid-workout, as usual.

I was 2 pounds lighter than I was before the holidays.

That was a laugh. I gave my mom grief about the whole weight-loss thing. Apparently the right regimen for me is to eat every single thing my relatives feed to us and run myself ragged going from house to house to restaurant to house.

She didn't think it was too funny. She argued the scale must be askew.

Whatever it was, it made me smile. I realize it could've been easily explained by water-retention or some crap like that. But in all the time I've been going to this gym I've never seen myself at this particular weight before. Not that it was significant, mind you, but it was a loss of some sort.

There's this Puerto Rican guy who lived in New York (Nu Yorican!) who loves to salsa and merengue. He also flies a plane! Not to creep him out but if I knew him better I'd say something like "Where have you been all my life?" But apparently he's been in Redondo Beach. And I'll just leave it at that.

Comments