"And it feels like oooooooooooh, you don't know my name"

I was waiting for my bus yesterday morning on my way to work and I heard 3 light taps on a car horn.

I looked over and there was this guy sitting in his car at the stop light. He smiled and waved at me and gave me a thumbs up sign. I racked my brain, "do I know this guy?" The car didn't look familiar, and he really didn't look familiar. I just smiled back at him.

But he kept looking at me with that stupid grin on his face. Maybe there was something amiss with my outfit. I checked myself over. Biatch boots, my double slitted skirt (it's knee-length and not as trashy as it sounds), ummm, pantyhose? It's not like I had worn my fishnets today. Maybe it was 'cuz my coat was longer than my outfit so it looked like I had nothing on underneath? I don't know. But the longer he looked over at me the more it creeped me out.

Then I got angry. I wanted to yell at him "FUCK YOU! There's nothing wrong with me today." (Kind of ironic, really.)

And he still had that skeevy grin. I don't get what his problem was. Was it my boots? I chose the most urban, non-sexual boots I could find. If he liked these boots then he'd bust a nut over Aqua_angel's pair. Hers are high on the hottie-mama factor (not to be confused with skanky.)

Mercifully (for him or for me, I don't know) the light turned green. I glared at him and pointed at the green light. Away he went.

I'm not sure if he meant his leering/smiling to be an unspoken compliment, but it made me so mad. I don't know how the hotties of the world do it. I'm not the most gorgeous in the bunch, but when guys approach me like that...completely basing whether or not I'm worth talking to based on my appearance...it doesn't sit well with me.

Which is why, and I know this is warped thinking, I thought the internet would be handy. You chat with people and they get to know how you are before they see what you look like. Sounds ideal, right?

But then you get the fuckers who don't care what's in your head, or about your personality. They don't care if the two of you have common interests, or even if you live in the same city. They just want to talk about sex.

And you get zillions of those guys online as well, unfortunately.

It doesn't matter if you're not interested in talking about sex with them. Whatever you say can, and will be used, to further their need for sex talk.

You could be telling them about how you used to love Sesame Street and they'd find some way to segue that statement into something sexual.

Fuck them. You would think I would be used to all that after all the years I've been online, but I still let it piss me off.

Maybe I love getting mad. That could be my problem.

Comments