Getting picked off

All three of us were sitting in the car outside her house and we talked about what the future may hold for each one of us someday. We compared ourselves to those who were already coupled off, and we swore that we would all make time for one another even when some guy had wiggled their way into our lives.

I don't know if it was just one of those pacts that you make as a part of conversation, but to me it meant a lot. I'm going to stay true to my end of the bargain.

Since we had that conversation we've all dated a bit, but not to the extent where it would keep us away from our friends.

Fridays are a girl-bonding tradition. Sometimes we swap it up for a Saturday, but either way there's some girl-time at least once a week.

So I was a bit miffed that my friend gave me permission to blow off our Friday out if I wanted to spend time with the new guy.

I would never flake on my friend-time! How could she think that I would want to?

And he called that night, too. If that doesn't show her how dedicated I am to our friendship then I don't know what she's thinking.

And he just has to be savvy to the fact that he's not the only one in my world. Although, I must admit, he's a very nice addition.

Comments