My hero My hero My hero

My brother is doing it again.

Remember how my brother shaved his head during a fundraiser for the Tom Baker Cancer Centre? He raised 825.00 thanks to our friends, family, and even some of you out there reading this right now. It meant a lot to me, but it also meant a lot to him. It was his way of indirectly taking care of me in a situation where most everyone else wouldn't know what to do.

This year they're shaving heads on the 31st of March at good old Mac Hall at U of C. But this time it's not for the Tom Baker Cancer Centre. Instead all funds raised will go towards the Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta. A truly worthy cause. Nothing hurts me more than helpless children going through major ordeals such as illness when they deserve to be out there playing with their friends.

And I'm even more excited this year 'cuz maybe some of you will deem this a worthy cause as well. They have created a secure online pledge form where you can donate from all over the world using your credit card. I'd like to think that mentioning my brother's efforts here on my blog will get him a few donations. Perhaps he'll raise more than he did last year.

Back my brother up.

For some reason they have omitted my brother's name on the drop down menu for "shavee name." If you would like to donate, please email me at babyUNDERSCOREchicaAThotmailDOTTOcom (obviously, swap out the underscore, at, and dotto for the appropriate symbols) and put "shave his head" in the subject header. I don't want to publicize our last name on here so I'd have to email it to you personally. It says to choose "shavee name not listed" from the drop down menu and then to type in his name in the comment box.

I would love to see at least a couple of my readers get behind my brother's little project.

I'll also put up a link up above my picture for the duration of the fundraiser just in case any of you get inspired between now and the day he loses his coif. :)

Comments