"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..."

That has nothing to do with this post. It's just stuck in my head.

I really want that Nine West purse. Why couldn't they have had it when I was in Seattle drooling all over the Nine West store? Huh? *sigh*

Anyway, don't mind me. Any single girls want my buddy, Mijo? Haha, can't believe I'm offering to pimp out my friend.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here to report that there shall be a second date with the guy from Monday. (I've got no clever nickname for him on the blog yet.) The pace is a bit, how should I put it, yowza. I mean, 24 hours hadn't even passed since our first one and he calls already and asks for a second one. Whatever happened to waiting a couple of days before calling them again? What happened to playing it cool?

I don't even talk to my friends - MY FRIENDS! - everyday. This talking everyday bit is seriously putting a kink in my routine. But I don't want to come off rude.

As a result I forgot to cancel today's job interview last night. Oops. There goes one burned bridge.

But those of you I've discussed this with tell me the guy's alright. That if you really like someone then you don't have to wait to call them again. Well that's very flattering, but still... I feel like saying "Calm down, guy, this is clashing with my style." but of course I won't. Anyway, chalk it up to more experiences, right?

One friend offered up this very Bridget Jones analysis: "Maybe it's just that you've been single for so long that you're now uber-independent. Maybe this guy is actually the normal one in the relationship and what you construe to be excessive co-dependency is actually natural." Maybe, I guess. I appreciate the explanations and opinions all of you are giving me.

Geez, and it's only the second date. I feel so "whoa" about this all it's as if I'm going to be married and bound forever within a month. That's what it feels like to me.

Maybe I am uber-independent. My friend summed it up nicely during her relationship when she said "I am so the guy in this relationship."

Yeah, I definitely feel like the guy in this one. Except, of course, I enjoy being a girl. :)

Comments