Not quite Rockette material, but still

I think I'd have to say that my favorite part of my body are my legs.

Unfortunately I've been bruising and scuffing them a bit lately. Is that a scar? Help me now.

I realize my legs aren't the slimmest in the world, but given the body I've been dealt I think my legs are very good considering my big size.

Thankfully I got my height from my parents so I'm not the typically short Filipina. With that I get longer legs than most. Definitely too long for petite pants, but sometimes I still need to get regular length pants hemmed. A taller Leah gives the illusion of a slimmer Leah, so that's all good.

And my legs always tone and strengthen so fast. But I guess that's what you get when they're your main way of getting from point A to point B. :) I remember back in 10th grade (Sunny should remember this.) our sadistic gym teacher made us girls run the foyer stairs for 12 minutes each day. I didn't mind that so much until I noticed the front of my thighs bulging out a bit. My teacher thought I was mad when I complained to her about it. Who wouldn't want toned, muscular legs? But she wouldn't understand. I don't want to be built like a guy, thankyouverymuch. So I became bitter and lamented the fact that my legs were starting to look like they belonged on some speed skater.

Same thing happened in junior high when my mom gave me a Thighmaster for my birthday. Don't worry, I had asked for it, she wasn't hinting at anything. I quickly stopped using the blasted thing after I realized my thighs were starting to look bigger rather than smaller.

But now I accept that my legs will never be all svelte. They're strong (so much stronger than my upper body, that's for sure) and they serve me well. Without them I wouldn't be able to dance! It was so satisfying Sunday morning when my thighs and butt were all sore from dancing the evening away the night before. Proof of a great night out.

If Beyonce can be considered sexy with thick legs then there's still hope for me yet!

Comments