R.I.P. Taco

It's not even noon yet and everything is insane.

I had another checkup with my surgeon; all clear, thank you very much. Coyote and I were chatting once and he said he didn't know how I could stand sitting around for so long without knowing (my MRI was done in January and I didn't bother calling in for the results...so today was when I found out it was clear). A stark contrast to going insane not knowing about mr. guy. I guess I pick and choose what I want to know and not know. With my health I kind of shy away from test results. If I only had one month to live I think I'd rather live it not knowing about it.

So today's going to be a busy day. Doc gave me a requisition form for a chest x-ray and I figured I might as well do it today since I took the whole day off. So after lunch I'm going to go to the lab, then scoot over to the gym, then maybe stop by Wal-Mart afterwards.

Unfortunately, it is with deep regret that I announce Taco's passing. Taco was my Siamese fighting fish and Chicosan's successor. I'm going to miss little Taco...I don't understand what happened. He was bright and lively yesterday and when I went to feed him today he was an absolute corpse. Quite gruesome, actually. All his color's gone and he's a faded gray...and he reeks. I would say foul play (I've always been worried about leaving him out in the open where little hands can get at him or drop foreign crap into his tank) but I have no proof. It's just really suspicious right now. If I were superstitious I would take his death as a bad omen. I first started getting these fish to keep me somewhat occupied during my cancer treatments. Low maintenance, but still a task to keep my mind off things every once in a while. Taco lived a good looooooong life, but I don't understand why he just up and died.

Maybe he was a little fishy guardian angel and since I'm all clear right now he felt his duties here on earth were no longer needed?

I'm going to miss the little guy. Don't know if I'll get someone to replace him. Taco and I had a much stronger bond than I and Chicosan ever had. Maybe a new fish named Chalupa? Maybe I'll wait a while. It doesn't feel right.

Comments