Retail therapy

Yeah, I love working at the store. Some days it's like one big water cooler. Sure there's catty gossip at times, opportunities to vent about ridiculous customers, chances to get each other's opinions on some items you're eyeing to buy. But you also get that sisterly (and sometimes brotherly, though in my area there have only been maybe 5 guys that have worked with us) bond as if you've all been friends since high school...even though some of them may still be in high school. :)

**********

C: "So, how'd your date go the other night?"
L: "I thought it went great! And it's kind of weird 'cuz he's sort of not my type, but a lot about him IS my type."
C: "It's those that aren't your type that end up working out."
L: "How do you figure that?"
C: "You give those you want a lot of influence over you, and that could potentially give them the opportunity to treat you like shit. You know, the 'bad boy' types and all. They never work out. I mean, look at my fiance. Initial impression: he's sooooo not my type. But we've been together for almost 5 years now." (Editor's note: I think it's been 5 years. I can't remember, but it was something long like that.)
L: "In a strange, twisted sort of way that actually makes a lot of sense."

Which just re-emphasizes what Aqua_angel has been saying about how it's amazing what you'll put up with when you actually like/really like/love the person. I just thank goodness this one has none of what aqua_angel and I were talking about during that conversation, 'cuz I still don't think I'd be cool with that. But she doesn't work in retail, so we're getting off-topic. :)

**********

L (having just changed out of my work clothes): "Well, he knows I finished work at this time and he's not here. Hasn't left a me a voicemail, either. I don't know what's up, but I don't want to stay here any longer than I have to today."
D: "Awww, he hasn't called?"
A: "Who're we talking about? Your boyfriend?" (Flattering that they always seem to think I have one...but if only they knew. *lol*)
L: "Not really..."
A: "Ohhhh, your 'sort of' boyfriend."
L: "Kind of"
M: "He hasn't called?"
D: "No, he hasn't called her. (to me) Are you gonna go? If he stops by here we'll let him know where you went. But he has your number anyway, right?"
L: "Yeah, he's got my number. *laughs* I mean, I think he's got it memorized - you would think - from the number of times it's popped up on my caller ID over the last few days. I'll just go home. I don't want to stay here. It serves me right, though, you know, for complaining about all the phone calls. It's just weird that he hasn't called me all day today."
D: "Yeah, and when you're expecting them to call..."
L: "Or when you actually want them to..."
A: "They don't."
M: "Of course they don't."
In unison: "TYPICAL" *laughing*
M: *animated* "Doesn't it also piss you off, though, when you don't like this guy anymore...so you set him up with your friend...and then you like him again but he's already taken by your friend. GRRRRRRR!!!"
L: (to the other girls) "I think the poor girl is speaking from personal experience." *giggles*

Comments