"the show is over, say 'goodbye'"

So Joe hasn't had the time to keep up with my blog. That's fine. I wanted his opinions on things so I gave him the (hopefully) shortened version of "adventures with mr. guy."

He got me to call mr. guy. I had all sorts of excuses not to, ask him, but I did it...'cuz Joe is blunt but always makes sense. I hate that.

Anyway, so after a week of giving mr. guy his space or whatever crap you want to call it, I called him. I tried not to sound too pathetic, but I don't think there's any way I could have avoided sounding weak.

Didn't want to be too whiny, but I told him that I missed talking to him. And that's the truth. Just wanted to know if I could talk to him again sometime.

I got his voicemail. Quel surprise. And of course he never called me back.

And that's all he wrote, I suppose. You could say I still don't have any answers, but putting all his actions (or lack of action, I guess) together makes the situation pretty clear.

Since it's been a week, I'm not so choked at this realization anymore. Granted, if he ever showed up again I could prove to be the biggest sucker in all the land 'cuz I'd still want to know what could've been. If the opportunity ever presented itself again I would seize it.

Otherwise, everything is back to normal. My appetite is back (a shame, really) and I'm yearning to get out and dance. It's kind of bittersweet 'cuz I thought I had finally found a salsa partner (him) but now I'll just have to go and shine on my own some more.

Comments