Sun is shining.

"Sun is shinin', the weather is sweet;
Make you want to move your dancin' feet:
To the rescue, here I am!
Want you to know, y'all, where I stand!"
~ Bob Marley

Admit it, my fellow Calgarians, today was a beautiful respite to the weather we've had in the past little while.

Good day for a job interview. It's not my dream job or anything, but it's more than what I get at the store. But can I put up with this position? They've given me till the end of the week to make up my mind. We shall see.

Ran into Posie downtown while I was wandering around post-interview. Lana's sick. :( I had some hotcakes from McDonalds. Completely forgot that hotcakes only smell good. These are low-grade pancakes. Posie's BLT bagel looked so much yummier, and I forgot to order a hash brown, too. *pouts*

And then I went to work and I was reminded of why I love my job. *sigh* I'm tempted, should I take this new job, to keep this one for the weekends just so I can keep in touch with Peru-Girl and the rest of the group.

Plus here's something out of the ordinary, I went on a date straight after work. My first date of the year. (Geez, it's February already.) And you know what? I think I actually want to see where this one goes. Hopefully it goes somewhere. Now THERE'S something I've NEVER said about any of my past dates thus far.

Actually, I lie. The French guy I went out with last year was cool...but he never called me back for a second date. All for the best, I suppose, 'cuz I dig this new guy lots more.

We'll see. I don't want to jinx it. Hopefully this guy's not just in it for Valentine's Day companionship (everyone thinks it's only the women who get all frenzied about being single on V-Day but, come on, now. I'm a woman and I don't get all crazed....and I KNOW guys who get all frantic, too.)

But geez I've got lots of people to report to about this one. The girls at my store all want to know the story, my parents (for once I told my parents about my plans BEFORE actually going out and doing them), Posie, even friends on the net.

But baby brother doesn't know yet. Somehow I think he'll be harder on me than my dad. Daddy actually seemed excited for me...but he also chastised me about my weight. "You're not sexy anymore....you look like a beer bottle."

Thanks daddy, love you, too. :)

Seriously, though, I love my dad. He wasn't being malicious with what he said.

Comments