Sunday Edition

Wade with me.I miss this little girl. I haven't seen my goddaughter Marie since the summer I took this picture. She was one then. She's 4 now. I haven't trekked out to Toronto in so long. If you live in the GTA and you see her could you please tell her I love her? Oh, and I guess you could say the same thing to my cousin, who would be the lass you see behind Marie in this picture.

So the CPBA season ended today. My Phenoms lost to NE Express, ending up 4th. And Club Pilipino (earlier I referred to them as Club Pinoy, my bad.) lost to Sovereign making Sovereign the season champs. That's all fine and good with me. Like I've said, Club Pilipino play dirty and I can't stand them for that.

How dirty, you ask?

So dirty that during the final minute of the game, when they were trailing by 3 points, they bodychecked a Sovereign player in a moment of desperation. The poor player flew into the crowd.

THERE IS NO CHECKING IN BASKETBALL! WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS? HOCKEY???

It was disgusting. There are little children sitting with their parents in the lower rows. If any of those kids were hurt believe you me Club Pilipino heads would roll.

So, yes, I am ecstatic that Sovereign won. I would've been happier if the Phenoms had won, but yeah, maybe next year. At least we got a nice big trophy for being the first place team during the regular season. And we got the MVP for the regular season, too. I'm so proud of those boys.

I watched my Saturday Night Fever DVD. The colors are brighter, the sound is better...all that you would expect from a DVD. EXCEPT that there are times when the music muffles the dialogue and I KNOW that it's not like that on my VHS. I'm still happy I have the DVD version now (deleted scenes are always nice to have) but now I will always doubt the "authenticity" of the viewing experience I am having when watching a movie on DVD for the first time rather than in the theatre. That's very sad that they can't manage to replicate a film exactly as it was originally seen and heard.

Double J's line is clearer when Bobby C falls off the bridge, but I still can't make it out. Something like "Andres lose ducks." Beats me, but it comes across a lot better than on my VHS copy.

Tomorrow may be the beginning of some stuffs. I'll let you know how it goes.

And yes, Saturday was the final day of Purse Week (for this month?) I bet some of you are ecstatic about that :)

Comments