Tidbits

Just really quick, I'd like to say that I am absolutely thrilled that Tammy got kicked off The Apprentice tonight. From the very first day when she complained that she was tired and gave herself a lunch break while her team powered on I just KNEW she would be an annoying pain in the ass. But Omarosa's really starting to grate at me now, too.

My brother told me today that one of his friends had throat cancer in 11th grade. And just recently this guy had to come back home (he was going to university in the maritimes) to get treated again. Apparently there's been a recurrence. I'm guessing we're looking at 3-4 years since his initial instance (don't know his age). I should really count my own blessings. But then again, I'm only finishing year number 2.

I don't know what I'd do. It's one thing to go through it all once, but to have to do it all again? I know I didn't have it as bad as some other patients I have seen but still. Of course noone wants to do that even a first time.

On a brighter note, if you are in the Calgary area and are looking for a way to heat things up this Saturday the Brazilian community is having their first ever Carnaval. It's being held at the Chinese Cultural Centre and will start at 8 p.m. The cost is 15 dollars in advance and 20 at the door. I called them and they have informed me that advance tickets can be purchased at the Carlson Wagonlit travel agency at the Northland Village shops, Megatunes, and Fiore Cantina. Megatunes and Fiore Cantina are both Uptown on 17th Ave S.W.

I'm looking forward to checking it out. I'd love to learn how to samba. Come on out! It's as close as most of us will get to Rio de Janeiro on such short notice. :)

Comments