All clear

Another successful checkup at the cancer centre. I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Neither can they. I have now graduated to yearly checkups instead of every six months. Hooray! Except for the cancer dentist guy. I still have to see him six months from now.

We ran into my brother's friend in the waiting room. Small world. He's the friend who has a recurrence in his cancer. To make the world even smaller, it turns out that he had my doctor as his surgeon way back when and...get this...he also turned out to be the guy from Halifax that my doc referred me to if I wanted to talk to anyone who had gone through the same situation as I had. (I never did call him 'cuz thanks to my family and friends, and getting to ask Kelly questions about her experiences, I got all the answers and support I wanted.) Unfortunately running into him was also a bit discouraging. I mean, if he has the same cancer as me and it first occurred in a salivary gland (I don't think his was parotid) like mine did then...well, it was just disappointing to think about. *sigh* I wish him well and the best of luck.

The nurse looked at my charts and commented that I've lost 5 kg since my last visit 6 months ago. Woo hoo! Although I could also say "yikes" 'cuz I think that would have been my heaviest point yet...and thinking of me now but adding 5 kg more...that's scary. I wish I had kept off all the weight I had lost during radiation...but actually being able to enjoy all the food I loved and missed was too good to pass up.

Mr guy says he's gonna take me to the gym sometime to help me improve my workout. It's just taking up so much of my time now (my discman runs through Elephunk more than 2 times during my workout!) so I really have to cut down on the time it takes. Anyway, we'll see if he actually keeps his word. Not to be cynical or anything. No no.

Comments