Back to the grind

Ha, not really...I wish I were back in some grind but right now everything is pretty much non-existent. Job is non-existent. Potential guys are non-existent. Don't get me wrong, I was loving this premature summer vacation...but I'd love to be working again.

I'm gonna beat this.

Anyway, yes, weekend birthday extravaganza in review. Can't say much right now so I'll just talk about the actual day, Friday. Baby sis gave me a little sheep statuette. I have no idea where she found such a perfect item but the sheep was wearing a party hat and underneath was the caption "Oh sheep! ANOTHER birthday!" I really have to show it to you all sometime. Weird Kid and Spydermonkey tag-teamed me with not one but TWO pairs of Pumas! Unfortunately, I couldn't wear either pair right away since they were too big, but more on the Pumas with the Saturday tales. Pumas! Pumas! TIMES TWO!

Feeling no need to rush over to Mortal Coil Daisy and I indulged in the finale of Sex and the City (yes, it ONLY just aired here in Canada last Friday) before heading out. And Daisy brought me some daisies, isn't she sweet? Sex and the City, cookie dough ice cream, oh henry ice cream, and reese's peanut butter cup ice cream...could it possibly get better than that? The underlying theme through my whole birthday extravaganza was the lack of importance of time. So bizarre. Anyway, SATC finished at 11 and we dawdled over to Mortal Coil. It was quarter to midnight before we got there (and it was my taxi driver's birthday, too!) With 15 minutes till the end of my actual birthday I downed my first martini of the evening. Step Into The Light, naturally. As the 27th of March came around I ended up with a Matter Vs. Space (absolut mandarin and creme de cacao), I forget the other one, and another Step Into The Light. And with that we closed the place down...something I've been feeling too old to do the past little while. Woohoo for me!

I have to doll up my phone so it looks like Carrie Bradshaw's. I'm so going to do it. And I'll name it Liberace. Just you wait.

Comments