Doth mine eyes deceive me?

So Saturday night with Daisy and Civic during our stroll from Melrose to Badass Jack's my eyes instinctively turned to the sell-off board of STA Travel.

Hold up a second...98 dollars round trip to Cuba? Nu uh!

So I pointed out the crazy figure to my companions. Daisy ran up to the window for closer inspection. Surely a digit must have fallen to the floor by accident!

It didn't look like it was amiss. Our minds started reeling over the possibilities. Who needs a hotel? We'll camp out on the beach! I'm off until Wednesday, who's with me? Ok, Daisy's free after Monday afternoon!

Unfortunately, the travel agency was closed until today. I suspect the fare was being offered by a charter. And if that's the case that sale price would be for the flight departing Saturday (the night we saw it) for one week. Also, STA Travel caters mostly to students and I've never heard of a student fare to Cuba for that cheap...and student fares never go on sale. I'd be out of luck since I don't qualify for an ISIC (International Student Identity Card) any longer. For shame!

I never called them, but it was nice to dream about it for a while. Mijo would be sooooooo jealous. :)

And then he'd probably go and make me jealous by getting himself to Puerto Rico.

Another lackadaisical day. Had an alright workout. By alright I mean that I couldn't spend 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer just how I like it since they were all occupied (grrrr) so I had to waste it by splitting 10 minutes on the stationary bike and 10 minutes finally on my elliptical. I don't know why the ladies bother with the bike...it's such a waste of time. Came home, lunch, showered, then ran out to do a few errands. I had to buy a new battery for my cordless phone. I was tempted to buy this new cordless I've been wanting but 23 dollars for a battery for a phone that is still functioning is more sensible than shelling out 90 dollars for a new fancy schmancy phone and not knowing what to do with the old one. Goodness, did I just say "sensible?" Geez. Besides, I'm not home enough to get much use out of a landline anyway.

I convinced my mom to let me replace our mangy old coffee maker with one of the new ones we/they received for Christmas/their anniversary. I am in love with this coffee machine. It has this Flavor Plus button that causes the water to steep in the grounds longer than normal before releasing it into the carafe. Mmmmm, the smell of that in the morning is soooo soooo inviting. I'm a big Flavor Plus fan. My dad, on the other hand, feels that the Flavor Plus option makes the coffee too strong. Sigh, can't win them all. Oh yeah, it's got a timer, too, babeeeee! No more having to wait for the coffee in the morning. *does a little dance*

My little Hello Kitty dangle for my cell phone fell off somewhere during today's travels. I'm choked. My brother got that for me from Vancouver. Gah, I knew that would happen.

Comments