"Represent, represent Cuba!"

While others went to go see more pressing issues on film like The Passion of the Christ, Daisy and I opted for Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. Come on, you knew I couldn't go that long without seeing that movie.

I wish they hadn't put Dirty Dancing in the title. It's true that it has nothing to do with the first film, so why tie the two together by name I have no idea.

And Diego Luna's not very hot, but Romola Garai isn't that pretty either. The guy who plays Javier's (Luna) brother is yummy, though.

"Based on true events." I think it would have been amazing to have lived in another country at some point in my youth. aqua_angel spent a year in Indonesia. To just be immersed into a culture like that, while you're still young enough to be able to adapt quickly, that would be such an experience. Then again, some of the "Yankees" in the movie didn't make much effort to understand the culture of their surroundings, what with their ongoing country club on Saturdays and living in a hotel with other white people. What's the point of being away from home, then?

And yes the movie is cheesy and glosses over a lot of things, but it made me happy and I love it. So there.

It just made Daisy and I want to go to Cuba even more. That and she's studying up on how to dress like a pin-up girl. Lots of good wardrobe designs in this movie.

Comments