Stop

My body wanted to vote me off the island for abusing it this weekend. We're on good terms again now, though.

Sorry, haven't had the time to get together the purses for this week so we'll be starting that a day or so late.

Friday was a great night. I got to chill with the girls again and aqua_angel was with us! Our mission? To find out the meaning of the "red orb."

The other week when we were driving down Uptown - Daisy, Bizkette, and I - we saw this glowing red orb inside the glass entrance of some establishment on the street. With our curiosity piqued we decided to walk down this week to see what it was all about. There was no name on the outside so we didn't even know what to call the place.

Turns out it's a lounge. And the fact that it has no name is intentional, apparently. Pretty standard prices for drinks. My chambord royale cost 9 dollars. The DJ was alright. I think it'll be a lot better once they start expanding their martini offerings but it's a great start.

We tried to grab some noshies at The Arden after our drinks but it was already closed. So on we went to the BP's next door. It was already 12:30 am and yours truly had the opening shift again for Saturday. I'm hopeless. :) Didn't get home till 3 this time around. Paaaaaaain come Saturday morning.

I was in a general state of malaise. My entire being was so miserable I felt like I should be sick. DJ Chico was going to teach Peru-girl how to spin at SoHo that night...but right from the start of the day I knew I wasn't going to make it out to see her.

But that was alright, that night she called my celly and we both confessed we weren't going to show up. Worked out well for me 'cuz I'd like to be there to support her spinning debut.

Daisy and I had appointments for makeovers with the Clinique ladies that night. The idea was we were going to take advantage of our dolled up states and go out on the town afterwards...but after Friday night and my resultant exhaustion I voted for a tamer evening.

I'm glad we didn't go out anywhere special. I usually love the Clinique girls' work but this time around I ended up with a consultant who just wasn't my style. I loved what she did to my eyes but she used BLUSH on me! Augh. I felt so out of it. Thank goodness I didn't run into anyone that I would be embarassed in front of.

It was fate for us to stay close to home. I had been wanting to try this little restaurant, Los Mariachis, for a while now and Saturday night we had an opportunity to do just that.

What a wonderful find! They had foods I had never heard of before. Such a quaint little place; I would say it seats 40 people max. Two (Mexican?) guys were running the place while we were there, possibly a father and son.

She tried the flautas and I had the totopos. Both were good but I think we both agreed that her flautas were the better of the two. She also discovered pickled jalapeno peppers. We'll have to bring Bizkette with us next time. Daisy is convinced she'll love them.

The flan? Sooooooo good.

All told I was in bed by 11 and I just blacked out after that. Definitely much needed sleep. Nevertheless, another beautiful weekend.

Comments