"I have to be high enough to kick someone's ass."

A quote from someone I spoke to tonight. I'll let you ponderoo on the originator. :)

And goodness where are my manners? Man, I'm so slow. Many thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. That was awfully nice of you all. I was particularly pleasantly surprised to get comments from anti and 6togo since I didn't think they ever visited around here. Happy day all around.

Incompetence at its best: I bought new batteries for my digital camera, right? So I slap them in to get all snap-happy...and after setting up my first shot (Pumas!) the batteries are already dying. Kaput! Of all things! Thank goodness it says "Full money back guarantee" on the back of the batteries package. I wonder if this is a common situation and hence the guarantee business? Anyway, it was annoying. Alas, this is the only new picture you get, my lovelies.

Shiny Pumas!

This is pair one of my two pairs of snazzy new kicks. Please notice the shiny patent black of the shoe. You can't tell from my crappy picture, but the black patent is all perforated everywhere. I'm assuming that's for breathability. Let me tell you right now, however, that it does not breathe much at all. You wear these kicks long enough and there's little beads of moisture going on inside. But I don't care 'cuz these kicks are snazzycakes in my books. Alas, I'm guessing they'll be too hot to wear in the summer so I'll have to work it like a fiend during the spring-like days. They're also a half-size (my estimate) too big length-wise. That could be 'cuz of my wide feet, sure. But I chose them anyway 'cuz I've never seen any here like them and they were the only pair available - "salesman sample" (says so right on the inner tongue-label...so whatever that means) found at Winners Shawnessy.

And that's not white, it's silver. That means, boys and girls, that these shoes and I were destined to be together. We were meant to find each other. True love.

Comments