"I'm just a girl who can't say 'no.'"

So it was my day off yesterday. Weird Kid and I went to this new dessert cafe I've been wanting to try. I read about it a month or so ago and since then I've been real curious about it since one of their birthday cake specialties would suit our grandma perfectly. Needless to say, we were the self-appointed cake-orderers for my grandma's birthday party this upcoming Saturday. But shhhh, it's a surprise.

While we were there (the father who owns the cafe is super-adorably sweet) we decided to try out some other flavors he had on offer. Weird Kid had some Mocha Nougat Torte or something like that. I had the Raspberry Lychee Cheesecake (I'm a lychee addict, what can I say?) In addition they had this Japanese import drink: Mango Yogloo. The logo kind of looked like Yoohoo (yum) but it was described as a mango yogurt based beverage. So we got a couple of those to wash down our dessert noshies.

Yummmmmmm, if the cake we ordered for grandma is anything like those slices we tried then our family is in for a treat. Score! I wish I could take all my friends there sometime, but it's kind of out of our way. We'll see.

From now on that little cafe will be my secret hideaway...and I'll only take you there because I care. That's right.

And speaking of score...I admit I've got Flames fever now. If you live in this city how can you NOT get hit with Flames fever. I find myself watching the games, fascinated (and not just by my Iginla *grin*) even though I don't understand the penalties they're calling. Go Flames Go! I loooooove you Iggy!

Despite having had some luscious desserts, my brother and I got seduced by Krispy Kreme as we drove down to Sunridge to fill up the car. I tried to deny myself...I swore I'd only buy one.

But you all know that you automatically get two. Having that freebie dissolve like velvet in my mouth broke down all my defenses. Nevertheless, I still ordered my one donut. I had heard about the Crunchy Caramel filled (or something like that) donut so I had to try it.

Another orgasmic sweet.

That place is bad for me. BAD! Krispy Kreme donuts are like crack.

My little piggie brother bought a dozen original and ended up inhaling (and I do mean inhaling) 4 of them right there as soon as we got in the car. The kid was hallucinating, he was even talking to the donuts:

"No, I don't WANT you!" *slams the donut down on the cardboard* "Noooo, they're disintegrating in my mouth. Damn it, I don't WANT you, either!"

Please direct us to the nearest 12-step program.

I thought I had had enough donuts recently to last me months and months, and yet I had caved and had another one...which turned into two by Krispy Kreme default. My tummy and my conscience were not too thrilled with my behavior.

And I still have that Tim Horton's freebie waiting in my pocket. *groans*

Side note: As predicted, he called last nite and left a voicemail. Glad I didn't pick it up. But look up at the title of my post and all of you can predict how this will probably turn out. I do agree with Desiree's suggestion, though. I don't intend on making any future plans with him...just have a "come what may" take on it all. That plan of action has worked well amongst me and my friends so that's what I'm going to do with him.

Comments