Mmm

Work went by insanely fast today. So fast that I didn't realize that I worked half an hour past my scheduled shift. It wouldn't have been such a big deal except for the fact that my time is in short supply and getting on with the rest of my day a half hour late meant I had to forego the gym. I tell you, my workout is just too long and I'm a stickler for doing the whole routine. So if I don't have the whole 2 hours to spend then I just don't go.

Hello Tae Bo.

Latina is in town for a short little while before she heads out for her field study at the university. We didn't get to do anything we had all talked about. No roller skating, no meeting the J***s (both Daisy's and my own, though we all have to wonder if anyone will ever meet my J***...except for my coworkers), no introducing Latina and her man to SoHo, no Death By Chocolate chocolate buffet. *sigh* So now we have to wait another 2 weeks or so before we all get together again. Mind you, summer is all about getting together. Bellinis. Sangria. Mojitos. All that and more. All in due time. All in due time.

So for now we all had dinner at Santa Fe Grill. Yummy. It was also Margarita Monday which made it even yummier. Naturally the conversation flowed to the upcoming wedding. I'm so excited. I love weddings. I realize marriage isn't for everyone but hello??? Who doesn't want that special day where all eyes are on them?

Well alright, there are a few...like one of the few times I watched Dr. Phil EVER and there was that girl who didn't want to get married 'cuz just the thought of being the center of attention was making her hyperventilate and junk like that.

Anyway, the Latina wedding sounds like it's going to be fantastic.

My grandma had her birthday party on Saturday. The Mah Jong birthday cake my brother and I got for her was a hit and miss. Everyone loved the decorations, though I may have chosen a flavor that was a bit too exotic for some people's taste. I chose coconut red bean. Simply 'cuz it sounded different (noone would have tried that cake yet) and red bean is one of my favorite bubble tea flavors. There were those that loved the cake, and there were those who were a bit thrown off at first. Noone really said they didn't like it, though. But the cake was definitely divine in texture...you can tell the baker really knows what he's doing.

I also pulled out my Inchworm riding toy from my closet so that Lana could play with it. It was one of my favorite toys when I was a kid and if I remember correctly I think I got it for my birthday in kindergarten. When Posie, Spydermonkey, Daisy, and Weird Kid's girlfriend saw the toy they thought I was insane. But I swear Inchworm was all the rage...at least amongst my fellow classmates. I had at least 3 friends who had Inchworms as well. I had always thought Inchworm was the latest thing when I was young, but then when I looked it up on Google they claim that Inchworm was a popular toy in the 70s. I know I'm all retro and old but I didn't think my tastes were THAT vintage. Does anyone else out there remember Inchworm?

Inching along!

Comments