Friends forever

I wasn't even going to blog about it...but he posted his take on the whole thing so I felt like telling the other side of the tale.

I'm going to miss Friends. Mind you, it won't be too sad since they (will eventually) have DVD sets of all their seasons. I've already got a bunch of them thanks to my little brother's thoughtfulness several Christmases in a row. Yes, we won't know what happens to the gang in the future, but that's kind of the way it is with some friends anyway. You lose touch.

And to hush all the critics, I know it wasn't as good a show as Seinfeld and several others...but Friends was a show I had connected with ever since the pilot episode. That's something I can't really say about any other sitcoms in my recollection. I tend to jump on the bandwagon later on and then if I'm lucky I'll catch all the earlier episodes on rerun. But I was with Friends from start to finish and I'm proud to admit that. It also made it easier for my real life friends when it came time for birthdays and Christmases....like the box sets from my brother, a Central Perk mug from Spydermonkey, I remember Weird Kid even gave me the first soundtrack for Christmas one year.

I had always wanted to catch a live studio taping of the show...had it all planned out. Fly to LA, hang out with Mijo, go shopping, go clubbing, maybe some beach, and catch Friends filming. It was sad that time had run out. When it was obvious that they had wrapped up filming already and I had yet to sit in with their audience I was bummed.

I was a big supporter of Ross and Rachel when they first got together but over the years Ross got a bit schmutzy and I felt he wasn't cool enough for Rach as time passed on. If it had been me writing the finale I would have liked to see her follow her dream in Paris...just 'cuz it would be completely unexpected and add a touch of realism. But perhaps that would have been too sadistic. It was inevitable that they would bring Ross and Rachel back together for a happily ever after ending. Too bad inevitable also means predictable.

I DID love, however, that everyone had a key to Monica's and Chandler's/Rachel's/Phoebe's/Joey's apartment. That was cute.

And Phoebe used her term "phelange" one last time. *giggles*