G-g-g-gmail!

Yeah, a weak spoof of G-Unit. Whatever.

So, over at the busblog he had posted a link to gmailswap.com. I headed over there out of curiosity, and you wouldn't believe what some people are offering to get their hands on a gmail account of their very own.

Flabbergasted was I.

Someone was giving away a dented 5GB iPod. I would've soooooo taken that! If only I had known about this site sooner!

Someone else was giving away a Canon G3 digital camera. I would've loved that, too! Again, I missed out.

I had no idea people held this stuffs in such high value. Admittedly, gmail had given me 2 invites to hand out to whomever I chose (probably 'cuz I've sincerely been using my gmail account a lot). I gave one to my brother to see if he wanted it, but he hasn't even signed up yet. All my other friends are happy with the email addresses they had, so my last gmail invitation sat there and sat there and I could not find anyone to give it to for the life of me.

And then I went on to gmailswap...and I looked and I looked. And someone was offering a digital camera. Another chance! So I quickly talked to him and offered my invite. He's now a happy gmail user (or I suppose that remains to be seen, but I personally love it thus far) and I'll have an extra digital camera to pop into my purse so I can snap shots of random sightings right and left! I've always wanted to do that!

Of course, about a half an hour after I arranged this deal with the guy another person was offering a snazzycakes digital camera (a birthday present he didn't need nor really want) of which even my brother, my tech-gadget idol, would be jealous. But oh well, I get a free digital camera...definitely can't complain. :)

So, figuring Joe was already in the know I decided to see what he thought of all the hoopla.

And he didn't know.

And when he signed back into his gmail account (which he hasn't done since he signed up for it) there were no invites for him to dish out. Haha for me, so sad for Joe.

But again I got something good out of it all, 'cuz I got to talk to him on the phone. Whereas I don't even talk to him when he's in town. Not that I'm a malicious snobby girl like that, but yeah, didn't walk up and introduce myself last time he was here. So I had my first conversation with the bastitch. Funny guy. :)

Comments