I really don't know why I bother

So Weird Kid asks me this morning: "You gonna try to get tickets today?"

And I said "No, I just end up getting disappointed anyway."

But sure enough, like the sucker trooper that I am, I logged onto Ticketmaster a minute before tickets went on sale...and I clicked on game 4 ('cuz I figured game 3 would sell out faster, hello, it's a Saturday) and I asked for "2 please" and it told me to decode this word and so I did.

And then it said "your wait time is less than 1 minute."

"Less than 1 minute."

"2 minutes 50 seconds."

But you know you shouldn't hit "refresh" or "stop" 'cuz you'll "lose your place in line" and you just can't be having that.

"2 minutes 50 seconds."

"Less than 8 minutes."

"7 minutes"

"6 minutes"

"5 minutes"

"Less than 1 minute."

"Less than 1 minute."

As you can imagine, I was screaming at my computer to get on with it. There may as well have been a hockey game going on on my monitor 'cuz I was sure acting like the Cup was seconds away from being ours.

And then I got through. And of course there were no more tickets for me. But just to make sure I tried again and again...and again...until I finally believed them.

*sigh*

Comments