It's all about the Iggy train


Hm, first time with the new Blogger. I think it's getting much much better. Still no need for me to change over to anything else.

My brother and Ang have both confessed to being bandwagon fans of the Flames. I think it's pretty obvious that I am one of them as well. But I just want it to be known that I'm not so much a Flames fan as I am an Iggy fan.

When it comes to being a Flames fan, I'm a newborn. But I've been loving Mr. Iginla for over 2 years now. Thanks to Weird Kid, I have had my precious Iggy bobblehead smiling on my desk for almost 2 years now and 2 of those McDonalds mini-jerseys that they were selling last(?) year. Only one of them are open, though, 'cuz he swears I should leave the other one in mint condition should it be worth millions someday. In that case he should have given me 3 of them...'cuz now all I have on display is the front of the jersey and the back with his name and number are covered up by his photo background. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm glad that Iggy and the impending Stanley Cup victory have brought me closer with my hometown team. I'm addicted to watching them play now. It chokes me that I have the closing shift tomorrow. But no worries! I'll wear my Iggy shirt at work to send them Shark-burning vibes. And I'll bet that I'll come home just as Iginla assists his teammates in scoring the game-winning goal. I've been trying to convince my brother to don his afro wig a la Commodore while we watch the games but he's not so keen on participating in that regard. He won't even let me attach a flag to our car. "Come on! Just for the playoffs!"

Just in the parking lot of the gym I counted/saw 43 car flags. I was so proud. I don't understand why they cost 14.99 (at Zellers they're 17.97...yeesh! I know it's all about supply and demand, but COME ON!) but it's a small price to pay just to get into the spirit of things right now.

So all I have to demonstrate my fan-ness is a Go Flames Go sign in our front window at home. In the next few days Weird Kid and I are going to be running around the city dropping off ballots to win some of those precious tickets.

Go on and get the lighter, we're gonna need some fire
Let's get a little higher, the battlefield is tired
Nevermind all that
Go on and baby get the lighter, we're gonna start the fire

Comments