Oh Captain, my Captain!

Congratulations, Flames!

Yeeeeeeeah! Western Conference champions! On to the Stanley Cup!

Ok, so I feel a bit ditzy after my response to Ang's comment about the Flames staying at a hotel pretending they're on the road. I plead a temporary blonde moment. You see, I thought everyone was just teasing the team about it. I had heard it from several people but I didn't think they'd actually do the whole "stay in a hotel and bus it to the 'dome" thing. My bad. But it worked, right? It so worked. I love my boys.

Daisy and I intended to catch the game on a big screen with some other fans. Latina and her man were going to come-with but she opted for some family time instead. I can respect that. So yeah, it was Daisy and I. However, as always, time was not on our side. (It's a running joke between the two of us that Daisy is even more Filipina than I am due to her chronic lateness.) She swung by my house at 6:30...game was at 7! We chose to just head to a nearby Boston's Pizza, and needless to say all the tables in the lounge were spoken for. So we ended up splitting some nachos in the restaurant area and staring up at one of the little tvs bolted in the corners. Obviously we didn't put up with that for very long. During a commercial break in the 2nd period we paid our bill, bolted to her car, tuned into Fan 960 and headed to her house to watch the rest of the game. By then the game was getting kinda comfy and it felt like it was in the bag. After all, Iginla scored the first goal of the game and you all know what it means when you're the team to score first.

That's right, you win. Bing.

And then you have Gelinas with goal no. 2 for the Flames. Bang.

Then there was that cute little puck sliding into the Sharks' empty net at the last second of the game. (Did you do that, Regehr?) Soooooo cute. What a way to end the game. Boom.

It would have been so fun to be in the midst of all the madness on 17th last night (minus the tit-flashing, thank you very much) but the rain would have been a little too cold to tolerate for long. Macleod was enough of a madhouse to tide me over. Cars honking everywhere...you could hear it from Daisy's house as we got ready to drive me home. The hottie neighbors a couple of houses down from mine went out onto the center island on my corner waving the Flames flag proudly in the night, hooting and whooping it up with the cars.

"WOOOOOOOOOO!" I replied.

And now our hot home team and even ourselves have the whole long weekend to rest and relax before we duke it out for the Stanley Cup. Glad I'm not camping this weekend, I'm more urban than that. It has to be deep into the summer before I'll go rough it out there. There's no way I'm tenting in the damp rain and snow. (Let's hope it doesn't snow for those that DO camp this weekend.)

Comments