Sorry I'm so late, I was too busy being single.

A very birthday-filled weekend has just passed.

But on Friday there were no birthday celebrations to attend. However, we did have to prepare for those birthdays. Quick, buy the presents, the cards!

So Mr. Guy called while I was shopping on Friday. As a result he met Daisy. I'm not so sure how I feel about that. I feel like I'm sharing my friends with someone who doesn't deserve my friends as much as I do.

But Daisy assured me it was fine and that she was looking forward to meeting him. And then she almost bailed on me 'cuz she felt uncomfortable being a "third wheel" of sorts for the movie. Breakin' All The Rules, anyone?

I needed noshies, though. So after purchasing our tickets we went out in search of food/mojitos and came across Peru-Girl and her man. They were going to catch the late show of Troy.

Long story short, we tried to get some food at Joey Tomato's, East Side Mario's, and Moxie's with little to no hope of getting our food and eating it before Breakin' All The Rules was set to start. Rather than split the group up we ended up returning all of our tickets and heading off to Cactus Club Cafe instead.

Verrrry innnnnnteresting evening. I had a great time with my friends, not sure about him. He called out to them as we all separated ways...he wants to do this again next week. Again, with the sharing of my friends! (Am I being selfish?) The pessimist in me is wary about this whole "let's all go out again next week." For some reason I can deal with him ditching me, but it's a whole other level if he thinks he's going to ditch on my friends, now, too.

Ah well, he's not going to get his way, anyway. Peru-Girl is off road-tripping to the US on Friday for 10 days.

She still hates him, but she could've fooled me on Friday night. I seriously thought he had won her over based on her top-notch performance that evening. (He doesn't know she doesn't like him.)

It wasn't a big surprise that he showed up at SoHo Saturday night. Daisy and I were already booked for Saturday (obviously) but Peru-Girl and her boy were going to be there. They didn't even invite him there...but then again it's a free country. When she told me about this at work today I felt all selfish again. I swear he's trying to steal my friends. But then, he didn't talk to them much at all. Guy has social issues. Maybe that's why he wants my friends. I mean, where are his?

As he was driving me home...

"Peru-Girl and her man are cool shit."

"Yeah, they're terrific together." (Isn't Daisy cool shit, too?)

"Peru-Girl thought you and I were going out."

*lost....isn't that what we just DID?*

"When you and Daisy were putting your shopping in her car, Peru-Girl asked me when you and I started going out. I told her we're friends and we chatted on the internet for a bit."

*thinking that we are not friends any which way you look at it but whatever* "Well, I'm sorry she asked you that but I don't get why she would. I mean, she knows everything that's up with me. She KNOWS we're not going out." then I throw in a "she's just trying to stir up shit" in the mix for good measure.

And at that point the discussion just fizzles out with him saying "it's alright" and me stressing the fact that she knows what's going on...trying to get through to him that she knows all the bad stuffs, too. I'm not sure if it was some sort of game to try and get me to say what I want out of this "relationship" or what have you, but I don't get manipulated to act very easily. Unless, of course, we're talking about buying Iginla jerseys.

And just for the record...Peru-Girl told me her version of the conversation she and Mr. Guy had and I believe her story a lot more given what she knows. She says she asked him when did we start talking...and that's when he went off on his own little spiel (which matched up with his version of his reply). A total dramatic.

Comments