There is no doubt that I'm a Canadian.

There were very many Calgarians who were exhausted this morning. Our Flames kept us wide awake on the edge of our seats until about 11:20 last night. And after a game like that it's very difficult to wind down and get to bed. Not only that, but if you live anywhere close to Uptown or around the Saddledome you most likely heard screams and horns honking late into the night till about 1 or 2 in the morning I was told. It doesn't make for the most dream-like state when you have to get up at the ungodly hour of 5 in the morning the next day.

And that's just celebrating making it into Round 3. It's going to be chaotic when we bring the Stanley Cup back to Calgary. (Notice how I said "when" and not "if." Kipper, Iggy, and the rest of the boys won't let us down.)

So here's an 100 percent pure Canadian scene for you: me and two ladies discussing the insanity of last night's game while waiting for the bus. We raved about our boys and chatted about what lay ahead for our Flames all without making eye contact with one another. All three of us were wistfully gazing across the corner to our local Tim Horton's where the lure of hot and fresh coffee was beckoning to us.

It doesn't get any more stereotypically Canadian than that. Well, maybe if there was a beaver gnawing on the tree beside me.

Go ahead and argue that Tim Horton's is now owned by Americans. Timmy Ho's will always feel Canadian to me.

And I edited last night's post-game blog entry. Air Romeo found the picture I posted a bit rude. And quite honestly, I wasn't sure I understood the joke with the Tide and everything. So now all of you can gaze at Mr. Yumminess himself instead. I don't think anyone's going to complain about that. :)

And in a fit of wishlist whorishness I added a gorgeous Calgary Flames home jersey to my wishlist. I can't justify spending that kind of money on myself right now. So, you know, wishful thinking putting the jersey on my wishlist like that. But I suppose a girl just never knows. I wish Amazon had Iginla jerseys on offer, but I'll definitely be happy with the plain one. Think of it as an investment in my cuteness. You have no idea how cute I look in those jerseys. So cute I almost did cough up the money for one myself when I tried one on and saw myself in the mirror. Thank goodness it was too big and they didn't have the size I needed. I have no self-control otherwise.

Comments