Can you feel it?

So mr. guy was whining and complaining about how Julio's Barrio is such a tease, blaring their latin music beyond normal restaurant levels (well, ok, maybe that's not considered blaring at that point, but still) and having no dance floor anywhere.

Sounds like my kind of guy, huh? :) That's why he's my friend. It's crazy how you need a different friend for different occasions/activities.

Anyway, so I told him the lack of dance floor shouldn't stop him. But he shook his head "no."

Now me, on the other hand, I will dance anywhere, anyplace. Even anytime, it would seem. Sure, I didn't dance right then and there at Julio's to show mr. guy up, but still...I could've.

We were at Tim Horton's late one night and a great song came on. I started bopping around. You see, Daisy's used to this. Mr. guy, on the other hand, teased me about it and asked if I needed to use the bathroom.

*shocked* Noone's ever mocked my dancing ever.

Perhaps he can't see properly.

Anyway, noone can stop me. Not even him. I've started bringing my discman with me again on my commutes (I'm dying for an iPod mini...can't wait for those to come out here) and I can't help it if I start swaying with the music a bit. A little bit of a shoulder shimmy here and there. I try to be as indiscreet as possible, but the beat manifests itself through my body somehow someway. It's inevitable. It cannot be denied nor controlled.

Somedays I'm better behaved than others. Usually when I'm at work I don't care. It helps the time pass faster and when Peru-Girl is around sometimes I can get new tips on moves and such.

I've yet to go out dancing with mr. guy. I know that's a bit weird since I've decided that that is his role/purpose in my assortment of friends. But I'll admit I'm a bit intimidated. I've always said that I wanted to learn more about latin dancing...but joining mr. guy on a night out would pretty much throw me into the mix head-first. And (I think I've mentioned this before) I'm crap when it comes to following someones lead. It's probably the Aries in me. So trying to learn at SoHo where everyone there already dances really well...not to mention trying to learn on the spot with someone who already (presumably) dances well...well that's pretty scary. I hate looking bad on the dance floor. I mean, it was one thing when I was dancing with that Mexican guy. He was patient and didn't really try anything too fancy. But I don't want to embarass myself in front of mr. guy. Not to mention mr. guy's friends. Oy vay.

Where's Peru-Girl when you need her? I wish she'd come back from vacation. It's malicious, but it'd be so nice to hear her say "Yeah, mr. guy's been at SoHo a lot lately. He's not a very good dancer." But somehow I doubt it. And it'd be virtually impossible to avoid him all night if I went.

Thank goodness there won't be any latin dancing just yet. We're checking out Spin this Friday, I think. It's the revamp of a club we used to go to all the time when we were younger. I wonder if it'll fly?

Comments