For Bizkette

'cuz she is the Ambassadress of Absinthe.

A bit of a prep before we get into my story:

Due to matters beyond any of our control and definitely not to our liking my goddaughter Lana was fated to meet her "daddy" this past Saturday. All the immediate grown-ups in her life seem to be very excited about all of this so I, amongst others, kept my feelings of trepidation and frustration to myself. I thought I'd be able to accept it...until I saw my little goddaughter's face that day (her and both her parents came to see me during their shopping excursion) and the fact that she wasn't the same bubbly girl that I'm used to completely made me sick inside. I wish I could have plucked her out of her stroller and do whatever it took to make her smile again. Thinking about it drove me insane all day, willing me to distract myself by any means necessary.

Saturday night we were supposed to go to SoHo with Latina and her man (they want to learn latin dancing, too.) but unfortunately they had to cancel on us at the last minute. I couldn't just sit at home thinking all night long so I enlisted Daisy to come out with me, which isn't a hard task at all. She's always up for going out. Her parents had just left for Germany so I was going to stay over at her house at the end of the evening as well. I ended up calling mr. guy, too, just to let him know we wouldn't be at SoHo. And somehow, between driving around getting cash for the evening and trying to find an open liquor store (which I had no idea was a difficult thing to do in Daisy's neighborhood) and deciding where we were going to go that night it was decided we would still go to SoHo 'cuz mr. guy's friends were meeting him there and he invited us to go over there, too.

I wasn't sure I was up for dancing, even though it's my favorite thing to do, and it felt weird going there just Daisy and I. Peru-Girl is still not back so there wasn't even her to join up with once we got there. Daisy's friend (I think I've called her Flag Girl before on here) canceled on our SoHo plans since Thursday night and as I mentioned before Latina and her man also weren't going to make it. Daisy rocks, we both rock, but it's just so hard to go clubbing just two girls. She has to come out on the dancefloor with me even though she hates dancing and I have to leave the dancefloor and drink with her even though I could do without drinking (although these days you wouldn't know it) 'cuz it wouldn't be right either of us leaving the other all by herself in the club.

Sure, mr. guy would be there, but he was also with his friends. Not that he wouldn't let us hang with him and his pals but I always feel awkward around "friends' other friends." Plus from experience I've noticed that noone can really juggle 2 social circles when they collide...one side is always bound to get a tad neglected. Which brought about another problem, but I'll talk about that later.

So there we were, Daisy and I, at dear SoHo...and I was still wanting to get away from the day's events. Since Daisy and I took a taxi that left her free to imbibe alcohol alongside of me so right away *boom* a chocolate martini down our throats.

Yum.

Then rather than leave the bar and then have to fight our way back to get our next drink we ordered our next drink not too long after: the infamous Absinthe martini. Bizkette-endorsed-and-approved. At first the bartendress thought we wanted shots of the stuff, which she politely informed us they were simply not allowed to do on the premises, but after some clarification she whipped up the potions for us no problem.

I inhaled that one, too. It hit hard. It's not even the best tasting martini but if you want value for your money that stuff is it right there. Maximum effect for your dollar.

It wasn't long before I was a giggling idiot...one of those drunken fools that I myself would never have the patience for. And since everyone around me had seen me have only two drinks I must have looked like a really cheap drunk. Super. *thumbs up*

I recall Daisy saying we should go look for the J***s since her J*** is a regular there as well. On our way to do a tour of the place I was asked to dance by this total sweetie. Or at least he seemed like he would be a sweetie. I don't know. Anyway, yeah, dilemma. Like I said, I couldn't really leave Daisy on her own...and all of a sudden I felt this need to go fix myself up in the bathroom...so I politely declined but felt like a total bitch doing so.

"Sorry...not right now. Maybe later?" He seemed to "get the hint" although that wasn't what I meant and he just walked away. Yeah, like THAT'S going to make me feel better tonight.

Sometime during the next hour before last call we had a shot of tequila (though I had asked to see the martini list...noone can ever hear me at the bar, I swear) and a key lime martini. Basically too much alcohol for little me in such a short amount of time. So I just kept on laughing all night long it seems. I laughed as I danced. I laughed while hiding my face from Daisy behind the wall ("I can still see you shaking, Leah.") I laughed while we tried again to find the J***s. I laughed upstairs and downstairs.

And then we found "Leah's J***" AKA mr. guy. And I got to meet his friends. Can't remember their names anymore, but given my evening that shouldn't come as a surprise.

But it was the craziest thing...we had already somewhat "bonded" with his friends in the bathroom during a girly venting session. This girl (not sure if she was another one of his friends but if she was I wasn't introduced) was ranting about her boyfriend's jealous behavior and the other 4 of us were voicing our supportive comments and sympathies. So that was kind of cool, I didn't feel so awkward around them 'cuz I know had an "in" that we shared. Not only that but it was something that we had in common that mr. guy himself didn't have privy to. Cool cool.

And we got to talk with Peru-Girl's man at the end of the night. From what he's said it doesn't look like Peru-Girl will be coming back at all. Logistically, it's not like she can stay there forever but suffice it to say that there seems to be no near end in sight for all of our Peru-Girl withdrawal. Yay, even more to be happy about. *sarcastic*

I faux-passed-out on the table sitting there with mr. guy and Daisy...as I'm apt to do when I'm feeling tipsy. Nothing feels better than resting your head momentarily. Especially when your head seems to whip around so fast everytime you make a move. Mr. guy invited Daisy out to dance which she declined. Her hatred of dancing made that a given, but she also said later that she didn't want to leave me lying on the table. See...again with the problem of going out to the clubs as a duo.

Note: Please don't think I make a regular practice of lazing about in booths and tables at the bars. I'm soooo not like that...most of the time.

I had arranged for mr. guy to drive us home at the end of the night before the evening had even started. But meeting all his friends and everything made me feel bad about him having to take us home. I don't think all of us would fit in his jeep and I didn't want to take away from his and his friends' evening so I urged Daisy to split with me before he got ready to leave so he wouldn't have to worry. Liquor logic, I know. Well, that and I felt like a drunken moron and I didn't want to embarass myself in front of him and his friends (and I was seriously concerned that I WOULD somehow do something embarassing, as if it was destined to happen.) Later I found out he thought we were mad at him 'cuz all of a sudden we were changing our minds about him driving us home.

I guess I could see that. I pretty much didn't say anything to him all night. Leah was just lost in her own little world.

As we left I was craving a smokie 'cuz I had been craving them on Thursday. And you remember how I didn't want to embarass myself in front of anyone I knew or had just met? Well, it was a good thing that I had left them all behind 'cuz as I took a bite of my smokie allllllll this smokie juice gushed forth like a geyser, it combined with the sour cream (Ha, we got the sour cream onto our smokies before the vendor lady could tell us that it was meant for the tacos and quesadillas...not smokies) and just waterfalled all over my track jacket. Just all this white flowing mess all over my front. It could've probably looked kinky if it had squirted towards my mouth instead of away from it.

I was mortified, but at least Daisy was the only witness. The only witness that I needed to concern myself with, anyway. Sure, strangers saw it happen, but I didn't care 'cuz we quickly found a taxi right afterwards.

Then to Humpty's for some wind-down noshies. In my inebriated condition I was convinced that Daisy had cussed-out mr. guy by refusing to dance with him. I was so firm in my convictions that Daisy tried to phone him to apologize. This resulted in him calling back the "mystery number" 3 times to see who had called him. And all 3 times we somehow didn't hear her phone ring. This also added "proof" to the whole mad-at-mr.-guy misconception.

By the way, you can tell that Daisy is the "professional" or the Ryan between the two of us since she had the exact same drinks as I did and yet I was a total mess and she was completely fine.

This was all a very long-winded way of me saying that I am fearful of the day when Bizkette, Daisy, and I actually go out and get a bottle of Absinthe to split. Methinks I would be absolutely mental. There is no doubt in my mind that the Absinthe martini is what did me in last night 'cuz that was when I totally unraveled. Thank goodness I only had the one.

Comments