I feel you

It's been a long amazing ride for my dear Calgary Flames. And for those of us who showed love for them on the Red Mile -- baring much more than our hearts or keeping our shirts on -- I think we're all exhausted, too.

I'm still recovering. Both from the heartache and from the energy loss. I'm all Red Mile'd out. But had I known that Iggy and the boys were coming home that night I would have persevered longer to meet them at the airport with the other fans.

And I had to work while the rally was going on at Olympic Plaza...which only made me mourn my lack of downtown-based employment even more.

I hope and I pray that Jarome and Miikka stay with us. It makes me so nervous thinking that they might leave.

And what are us newly addicted hockey fans supposed to do until next season, should there even be a next season? One person pointed out that Worlds is coming up. *whines* But it's just not the same. How can I sit there watching my Flames compete AGAINST one another? It's just not right. Not only that, but they're pitted against one another while playing on the same team as some of their past b*tchesopponents.

It's sooooo not the same.

Now there are Flames sightings going on everywhere. Weird Kid's girlfriend saw Robyn Regehr on 17th. Rumor has it Miikka Kiprusoff was at Schank's North Tuesday night. Posie and Daisy have their work cut out for them if they want to meet him before next season. Apparently he's leaving tomorrow for Finland.

I just want to meet my Iggy...and all my den mothers at work are pulling/scheming to find a way to make it happen for me. :)

We were all discussing the couple that got married outside the Saddledome before game 6 (great way to make the hubby remember your anniversary, huh? If only they had won the cup that night) and they were all teasing me 'cuz they said they could see me doing something like that.

But I denied it.

"Well, maybe not at the Saddledome but we can see you getting married in your I <3 IGGY shirt, dear."

I had no idea I had become the poster-child Flames fan amongst my coworkers.

Whooooo, still uber tired. As Daisy and I rehashed the past week's events, we couldn't help but be in awe of how much we had done Flames-wise. I'm so pooped.

Ride 'em, Jarome!

And THIS...this has got to be one of the sexiest Iggy pictures I've seen (GQ hottie picture aside). Yummy Jarome, clean shaven, famous grin, sweet eyes, in the Calgary red and tipping the famous white stetson. The Flames and the Calgary Stampede all personified in one gorgeous man. :) God, I wish I had been there at the Plaza. I probably wouldn't have gotten a good look at our heroes, but at least I would have felt the HUGE energy built up in our city.

Comments