Le sigh

For some reason, last night's game hurt more than any other game. I got to watch (thanks to my gracious co-worker) most of the 3rd period and it was heartbreaking to see them getting denied.

And as I walked to the train station the streets weren't all crazy with horns honking and people whooping.

I was so dejected I couldn't even head home straight away. I consoled myself with some coffee at Tim Horton's.

Absolutely nothing like Saturday's game. The Red Mile was packed...40,000 strong. And Daisy, Bizkette, and I were a part of that celebration around midnight. Everybody was just happy to be out there. While the other two girls had slept in (we didn't part ways until around 3:30 Friday night, I think) I had had to work. About 5 hours sleep, not bad, but obviously not enough. Needless to say, I was fading.

But I still toughed it out until about the same time Saturday morning. Right as we were turning off of 17th to get back to Bizkette's place we ran into two guys from Kamloops. One claimed to be Fleury's nephew. He even showed me his driver's license to prove his identity. (That is the second guy who's felt compelled to show me their identification. Do I come across skeptical or something? Why does it matter?)

He thought I looked Korean.

He also thought, or maybe it was his friend...not sure, that my boobs were EE.

"Umm, nooooooo."

*smirks* "But they're close, right?"

Too bad they couldn't find out. It was obvious they were looking to "party." When time came for us to figure out who was going to sit where on the ride home Daisy opted to sit in the back with the guys. I figured she was thinking the same thing as me.

(at a later time) "What were you thinking?"

"Get some play?"

"Oh, so that's why they kept looking at me all weird."

Honestly.

It would've been weird seeing as it was Bizkette's car and all...but at least you would know it wouldn't get too far. I dunno, I think it would've been fun. Haven't done much like that in my life.

Ha, and now Bizkette's probably reading all this and thinking I'm a moron. :)

Oh well, I sat shotgun. Not much I could do from there.

Comments