And it's like that

I don't get to blog much anymore...it's not that I don't have anything to say, it's just that I can't seem to get it all down when I'm feeling motivated to write. So I just end up talking about it with anyone who'll listen, which is very good, very social...but what about my written record to fall back on? Ah well.

So last night I finally learned how to play Mah Jong. I say finally since I'm the last one in my family to learn the game. Yes, even my baby sister learned before I did. I blame it on poor scheduling (they always seem to play on Friday nights when they know I'm always out). Now they're thrilled since there is no shortage of Mah Jong players within the house at any given time. Oy vay.

But I do admit it's kind of fun. I ended up having another "Mah Jong class" tonite after dinner and 8 turned into 11 p.m. turned into 1 a.m. and they're still playing upstairs. I can hear them. Addicts!

And that guy phoned my friend last night. What can I call him except for the obvious? We'll call him Humpty (like Humpty Dumpty, mr. guy's error when he tried to recall the boy's actual nickname). So yeah, Humpty phoned her yesterday so clearly he's still clueless...and as luck would have it the Kiwi (whom she dated last year and still has a bit of a thing for) called her on her cell at the exact same time that Humpty called her on her landline. Some girls get all the luck! Well, not that I'd find her situation very desirable or anything, but 2 guys calling ain't bad. To buoy her spirits re: the Humpty situation she actually has a date with Kiwi to look forward to next week. Happy girl, but horrible for Humpty! Disastrous! I wish she'd just 'fess up to him right now how she's feeling.

Her and mr. guy went to watch King Arthur tonight (I didn't go 'cuz I have no desire to see that flick, if you must know.) and I told her she should talk to him about her predicament and I hope he says something useful and that she actually listens to him. Though she's not really listening to any of us right now so her listening to him would kind of be a cuss...but at least things would get "fixed."

But girlie has guys galore, which is kind of funny. After I gave her mr. guy's number so she could ask him about the movie for tonite (remember: mr. guy is AKA "Leah's J***") she phoned her J*** just as my J*** returned her call. Sure some of these boys calling are friends, but all of a sudden she's become super-popular with the boys. I wonder if the psychic predicted the whole onslaught of male communication going on here.

And alas, I think I'm going to have to set aside my dance lesson dreams for another while. On my way to work on Monday I tripped and fell on the street (don't laugh!), twisting my ankle. It's been feeling much better, but not 100% so that I can merengue with the best of them. Not only that, but after my family and I went bowling last night I somehow freak-tripped and fell again in the parking lot, twisting (but only temporarily) my other ankle. That and my family is kind of making me feel guilty about signing up for these classes when it turns out that one of the classes will fall on my parents' annniversary, thus throwing a wrench in the celebratory dinner plans. And yes, another class happens to fall on the evening of Daisy's birthday. *sigh* It's just not in the cards I guess. You have no idea how choked I am. Finally when I have people who'll join me for the classes (Latina and her man...preparing for their wedding next year) it's all of a sudden the worst timing ever. Booooooo.

Ah well, there's plenty more to keep me busy this summer. It's going to be a bit sad doing some of these things without Daisy, my trusty sidekick (she'll be touring Ireland and surrounding areas for 3 weeks *sigh*) but I'll keep occupied.

Comments