The hotness!

Following Joe's advice to "blog smarter." (I mean, geez, I must seriously be out of blogging practice if I didn't even realize the obvious solution to this whole "connection timeout" crap.) I am now blogging at you from WordPad offline rather than straight on the Blogger edit page. And if that isn't computer/bloggy-geeky enough for you then I don't know what is. :)

Thanks to Bizkette I am back to the raven-haired hotness. We, or actually it was more she, dyed my hair "Deepest Indigo" last night with the hopes of having some blue going on in my tresses a la Veronica from the Archie comics...something I've always wanted to try. Alas, there isn't much blue going on on my head I'm afraid, but my horrendously faded highlights are now long gone and covered in jet-black beauty...and I feel all gorgeous being back in my "natural" hue.

And taking my cue from the high demand down in the U.S. I lined up uber early this morning to get my technology-craving hands on an iPod mini. Yes, "can't afford it" is a phrase I really need to learn and accept as part of my vocabulary but never you mind. After an insane delay in shipment (I've been waiting since April! April!) it finally arrived here in Canada this morning. I got there at 6:30, like the bizarre keener that I am. I say "bizarre keener" 'cuz there aren't very many things that will get me up and moving so early in the morning. Haha, joke's on me 'cuz they didn't open till 10 a.m. My bad. Anyway, I toughed it out like a trooper and a fellow keener joined me an hour and a half later. Then another family came along half an hour after him. By the time the store opened there were maybe 20 of us in line (and when we got to the display I swear they only had like 30 on the shelves. "Minimum 100 in stock per store" my ass.) Sexy little me was first in line, and I got my much beloved, much cherished pink iPod mini. Yes, bow down, I am the hotness. Well, the Canadian hotness at least, I realize xtracyx lay claim to the sexy pink iPod mini before I even had a chance to see one in person. And she's even moved on to bigger and better iPods so truth be told I'm relegating myself to sloppy seconds, so to speak. Ah, I don't care. It's hot, it's sexy, I can't wait to strut around the city with my new musical buddy in tow.

It's just a shame that my dumb computer doesn't have the high speed port my iPod requires. *sigh* But of course! Things shouldn't be so easy!

No matter. I'm getting all my music set up as we speak. And as soon as this stupid port issue is resolved my music will be with me whereever I go. Wham bam thank you green eggs and ham. 1000 songs at my immediate disposal. I'm practically drooling over the thought. You feel like salsa right now? Celia Cruz? Boom, you've got it. A bit of soul? Barry White? Coming right up! Wreckx N Effects' Rumpshaker? Absolutely!

I'm one of 1500 Canadians who claimed a bit of aural happiness this morning. Yes, I'm an absolute sucker for "limited" things. I think I'd make a terrific ad exec since I know all the ploys that work on me like a charm...and yet I succumb to them time and time again without guilt.

Proof positive: they slashed the price of the 15GB iPod today so that it was identical in price to the iPod mini and I still went for the mini 'cuz it's pink and it's smaller and it's the "latest thing." Never mind that the other iPod can hold almost 4 times as many songs. Can you imagine? I don't even have 3700 songs on the ready to feed such a beast! I thought 1000 songs would be good enough for me.

And why yes, I'm blogging on a Saturday night. It's a chillaxing type of evening. I don't do that too often, and I don't think it suits my style at all. Mental note to self: get out next Saturday

Comments