It's still on

My friend went on that date with that guy Friday night. He bought her dinner, a lot of drinks (which is always good for a girl like her) and she didn't call mr. guy and I until 1 in the morning.

She didn't set him straight. Her argument is: unless he makes a blatant move on her, thus making his intentions clear, she would be presumptious and *cough* bitchy to tell him she just wants to be friends.

Sure, I absolutely agree with her there...there's an itty-bitty smidge of a chance he's just looking for a new friend to hang out with. I doubt it, maybe I'm wrong, but I still doubt it. And at this rate, they'll be on their 3rd date which in some books starts edging them into bf-gf territory and she still will not have clued him in. *sigh* I don't know. The poor sucker is going to get even more hurt the longer this goes on, and she's too soft to end the charade before it goes too deep. Personally, she could seriously be making it awkward for the whole group the next time we all get together if this whole thing ends poorly. He's friends with her friends and she's friends with his friends. It's not good.

That Friday, after my day out at Calaway Park with Latina and her man (and ice cream in Cochrane! Yum!) mr. guy and I went to a movie to kill time waiting for my friend to call. I had invited Latina and her man to come join us 'cuz I didn't want him thinking I was trying to go on a date with him...but Latina's man was napping. Poor guy, we tuckered him out. So it was just mr. guy and me. He paid for my movie and my drink and the popcorn we shared. It's just the way he is, I know, but Civic and my other guy friends don't usually treat me to stuffs like that so it doesn't help me convince myself of the whole "being friends" thing. Bad. Baaaaaaad. I'll never get over it at this rate. Not to mention I'm a little brat when it comes to being treated. If you want to pay then I'll definitely let you. Hey, at least I paid for my own coffee afterwards when we went to Tim Horton's to wait for my friend's call. He would've paid I'm sure, but I decided to de-brat-ify myself temporarily.

And Weird Kid, my brother, happened to walk into the coffee shop while we were there. He's the only one in my family who's met mr. guy so far. Don't know what he thinks of him, though. They seemed to get along. I'm wondering if mr. guy was expecting to meet my family this weekend 'cuz he actually jumped out of his Jeep to come to my door when he came to get me...except that I ran out as to not keep him waiting. Enh, it was only my grandma and my sister who were home at the time. My parents were out on a date. Awwwwwww.

It'd be kinda nuts having him meet the familia, though. They know we're just friends but you can see that they're not convinced. They never are. Even Civic was a potential boyfriend in their eyes for the looooooongest time. I don't want them freaking him out. What if he thinks I led them to believe that we were together?

Bah, such high school-ish issues.

To save myself some anguish I didn't go to SoHo this week. Who knows what I would've seen this time around. Instead we spent time with Bizkette, who will likely be out of commission for a little while yet. (Haha, that rhymed) I'm glad to see her on the mend, though.

And, if all things go according to plan, I'll be starting my salsa/merengue/cumbia lessons this Thursday! Woooohoo! I shall be the hotness!

Comments