Toasted

I'm sooooo tanned it's not even funny. I tried to get rid of the tanlines I got from Calaway Park while I was at the Stampede on Monday but all that did was create OTHER tanlines which adds up to MORE lines. Bah.

I'm horrible about not wearing sunblock, though. I hate how it ruins any fragrances you've got on at the time, not to mention it makes my skin look all chalky. Yuck. But then again, I also hate getting darker.

"Joy, look at your skin! Look at your skin, Joy, you're so dark! My god, you're so dark, Joy! Nobody is going to marry you!" ~ Rex Navarrete

There's something in the air these days. Or maybe it's the moon. Bottom line: I'm exasperated. With people. Say what you mean and mean what you say. That is what I expect from others because that is what they can, and should, expect from me. So to have people manipulate my words to give them a whole other slant, and a negative slant at that, grrrrrr. You KNOW what I meant, 'cuz seriously, you're not stupid. Don't twist it all around just 'cuz you feel like fighting with the world using me as its sole representative. Patience is a virtue...and its a virtue that I must have received when they were running low on the distribution end. Love you, but I have every right to dodge malicious attacks. And all of you can excuse it however you want to make yourselves feel better, it still doesn't mean that I should be charitable and volunteer to be your emotional attack dummy. Particularly when it's all nonsense.

No, it's not guy trouble. Fancy that, huh? And surprisingly enough, the customers have been absolute peaches at the store. See-saw, up and down, this is the way we go downtown.

On another note, haven't bought Daisy's birthday present yet. That's bad news considering I told Bizkette I'd give her a call when I had any fresh ideas for birthday prezzies.

I won a cute little Oscar the Grouch from the Stampede the other day. He even comes with his garbage can. Cookie Monster is more my boy, but Oscar is actually befitting of the times right now.

And I finally got the notion to bring home a couple of bags of Delimanjoo for my family to try. The Delimanjoo story for us here in Calgary is this local (or he's from somewhere nearby, I can't remember all the details of the story he told me last year) businessman who went to Korea for some reason or another and came across these little Delimanjoo cakes that seemed to be everywhere "over there." He fell in love with them, contacted the company, and soon he was returning home with 5 sets of the Delimanjoo cooking setups. He's sold a few over the years, and it looks like he still has at least one to sell to anyone who's interested. All I can say is that if you ever have the chance to try these little things you really should. For you Filipinos out there, they taste like little mamon (sorry if that's spelled wrong) filled with just an itty-bitty bit of custard. Soooooo good...particularly when you've just received them from the vendor. Doing a Google on these little snacks I've only seen them mentioned in San Jose, CA, and the Mall of America. Slim pickings. Never knew I was so spoiled having it here for 10 days a year.

Comments