A new day

So let's take a deep breath, stand up tall, flash a smile to the crowd, and be the better person. Shall we?

"Ain't nothing gonna break my stride, nobody gonna slow me down. Oh no, I've got to keep on moving."

On Friday I found 2 job postings for a company that sounds like the perfect fit for me. At long last! I just hope they realize we're a perfect match. Please please please call me! One of the jobs is a temporary contract, but I'd still go for it. They'd realize how I was made for that type of thing and they'd keep me. I'm sure.

And as for the friends who are doing what friends don't do...screw that. I'll shine in front of them. The most ironic thing is that one of the "unfriendly friends" is a long time friend who I assumed would never have it in her to behave like that. We're talking convent material. (Don't laugh, I'm so serious.) And lately, even before all this drama began, she's been all condescending and maternal. Treating me like I'm some sort of innocent who shouldn't even like Madonna 'cuz I "didn't seem like the type" who would appreciate her scandalous and impure music. Clearly, despite all the years, this girl doesn't really know me. It makes me sad to realize it so late in the game, but hey, whatever. Being treated like a child and talked down to is something that I will never accept from anyone. A n y o n e.

Unless it's some sort of role-play...but even then, I don't think it'd turn me on.

Now even he's playing along with her game. "Oh look, Leah's so cute and needs protecting. Let's play house and pretend we're her parents." Right, very neglectful parents. But I'm thankful for that (them staying out of my way) 'cuz if I hear anymore of their "girl, you'll be a woman soon/ooh baby baby it's a wild world" type lectures I refuse to be held responsible for my hostile actions.

Yes, my iPod is HOT and that's why I'm spewing forth with all the song lyrics. Teehee.

And much thanks to Joe for turning me on to Soulseek. It feeds my iPod's hotness like you wouldn't believe.

I called into the student loan centre and if I worked this out right, there is no reason why I won't be fully paid off by the end of this year. Can anyone say celebratory vacation?

And you just know that when that baby's all paid off, my credit card debt payments will increase making those debts even smaller. Man, I love that. If I get one of those hot jobs I've been eyeing, then debts get even smaller even faster! Woohoo.

I am so going to rock.

Comments