No Takers

Update: Super Company called me last week to let me know I didn't get the position, but that they'd also like me to re-apply in a couple months as this position is advertised fairly often (like I said before, it was a contract position, but hearing that is also disconcerting 'cuz obviously they don't keep people on past their contract). For the first time in a long time I was completely dejected. I couldn't understand what had happened. As far as I could see, I was perfect for the position, and judging from the interview I thought I was a definite candidate for the job. They said I should polish up my writing a bit more. Um, sure, I guess. I'll have to study their work a bit more 'cuz in my opinion my writeup on Mexico was right on par with the writeups they have for other destinations.

I feel so stuck. Stuck stuck stuck. Can't go anywhere. Can't get out of where I am. Luckily it's not like I'm quicksand-style stuck. I'm not sinking. I'm just stuck where I am. Stuck.

I'm so Tony Manero. Where's my Stephanie Mangano for inspiration? (Actually, I don't think Stephanie's a great character. Which reminds me, it's time for another Saturday Night Fever essay. I think that'll make me feel better.)

Comments