Take My Breath Away

I was early for my interview yesterday so I explored my surroundings to kill time.

Just around the corner is a sheet music store that I don't get to visit as often as I'd like. A half hour later I came out of the store with a book of piano/vocal selections from Saturday Night Fever (and thankfully, they're all of the Bee Gees songs from the soundtrack so it couldn't be more perfect in my opinion), the sheet music for Take My Breath Away by Berlin...'cuz I despise how Jessica Simpson bastardized the song, and You Don't Know My Name by Alicia Keys 'cuz you all know how much I love that song.

A very good start to my day.

While the company isn't situated in the "main" downtown area, it's just down the street. Plus, I'm quite familiar with the area as it is. Just across the street is Cafe Mediterranean, and obviously that also means that just around the way is Vicious Circle. All of this also means that I'm on 1st street SW, boys and girls, which means that I'm just a hop away from all those nightclubs on the street. Too bad I don't really like any of them. Not to mention if you go down 10th Ave there's the shi-shi clubs The Whiskey and Tantra.

After the interview I walked the 3 short blocks back to the core and I had my beloved falafel which I've missed sooooo much. All the other falafels I've had at other places just can't compare. I was tempted to get some gelato as well, but I forgot how huge those falafels are and I was totally stuffed afterwards. Goodness I miss downtown so much.

I'm so excited about getting the position, it feels like it ought to be mine. The lady and the gentleman who interviewed me were absolutely kind, the dress code there is one I can totally dig, and my job duties would be tasks that I would enjoy doing. Not only enjoy, but I would love doing it, to be honest. To some they may find it tedious, but the more I learn about destinations and activities the more my playground expands and I get to try out new things in and around the area, you know?

They said they'd be making their decision today. I'm so nervous. I wish I could find out before I head to work, but I don't think that'll happen. Augh!

Please please please let the job be mine!

Comments