What now?

My week has been pretty snazzy. I mean, sure, I didn't work much this week (a frustration yet a blessing in the summer) and of course now that it's the weekend I actually have shifts scheduled *sigh* but what can you do? I made the most of my week anyway. The baby bro, Weird Kid, is camping right now. I'm very jealous. But before he left we got to do some sibling bonding stuffs so I can't complain.

Tuesday he and I went to go see Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. It wasn't the most hilarious movie I've ever seen, but it provided a few good laughs and that's all I needed.

And I just had to prove it to myself, I watched Saturday Night Fever for the bazillionth time last week and Tony and the gang DO eat at White Castle in the movie. Look at that.

Wednesday, the renovated Market Mall re-opened. Hm, Chinook Centre has some competition finally. So Market Mall has an Aritzia now, and they have a Lululemon Athletica (for all those yuppies who like to wear their Yoga gear when they're out and about). Aldo Accessories, hmph, I didn't really notice any major difference in their selection compared to what they carry normally in their shoe stores. A Swarovski store, that's different. They'll soon have a Hot Gossip, for that I'm slightly envious. But *gasp* they have a Nine West store! I could not believe my eyes. Weird Kid and I were strolling through the mall just taking in the new set-up (it felt like a mental escape from Calgary...totally felt like we were in Vancouver or Seattle or something) when I saw the Nine West store. I swooned. Alas, it was another disappointment (at least right now it is) since everything they had at the store was merchandise I had already seen at the department stores and such. Except for the Nine West watches...but I've already got my devotion to the Fossil/Diesel/DKNY timepieces so I didn't want to add to that. Plus the Nine West watches just couldn't compare.

The only thing that could've made the shopping trip better would've been a Fossil store. I doubt that'd ever happen. Actually, I'd also love an Urban Outfitters and a Hot Topic store. Frederick's, too. No, I'm not that fussy.

Spydermonkey and Daisy recently discovered the retail gem that is Urban Outfitters (Spydermonkey while he was in the US and Daisy while she was in the UK) and now they're both Urban Outfitters converts like myself. Earlier this year Posie discovered Urban Outfitters in Montreal and she got some goodies from there, too. I'm so proud. *sheds a tear*

Yeah, so after shopping and a snack we (Weird Kid, mom, Baby Sis, and myself) went to the batting cages. Just trying something new. It was fun! Yes, I suck when it comes to making contact with the ball, but I had a great time trying. After I got the hang of it, sort of, it was even more enjoyable. Good times, good times.

Then yesterday, Daisy and I went swimming/lounging at Stanley Park pool. Ugh, I'm even darker still. Swimming/lounging turned into a time on the patio which turned into coffee which turned into a movie. We watched The Terminal. It was really cute. And Diego Luna actually looks better than I had previously thought (from when I'd seen him in Havana Nights).

I loved it.

Now the weekend has finally arrived and other than work I don't know what plans are in store for me. Oh well. Rollin' with my homies. :)

Comments