The final countdown

For something that wasn't going to be a debut (due to time constraints) we've run around like crazed fools and, in my opinion, it has come out more formal than we had intended it to be. It's definitely not a debut by normal debut standards. But then again, mine wasn't either.

But now the house is clean, the karaoke rental has been picked up (yes, I know we have one ourselves, but somehow baby sis decided to make a bid on a rental during a silent auction one night and well...obviously she won. May as well use it.), the little debutante's nails are done, she now has 3 dresses to choose from instead of just a simple nice shirt. All that's left now is to get dolled up, hair and makeup, pick up the cake on the way to the restaurant, decorate like a fiend, and from there on in it should be smooth sailing.

This whole planning everything at the last minute is getting completely out of hand. I swear that if this is the kind of organization I can expect when the time comes for me to plan my wedding I'm going to quit whatever job I have at the time and make planning it my full-time career. Of course, the whole quitting-the-job part can be avoided by simply planning AHEAD OF TIME.

Alright, breather's over. Got to get ready. I wish I could say that I'll have more time to relax after this night is over, but that's absolutely untrue. The next 4 weekends are going to be insane.

Comments