"My ox is broken!

I'm an Amazing Race addict. I mean, how can anyone who loves to travel not love this show? They really should look into producing an international season of the race. Like, take a team from Canada (of course), perhaps a British team, a team from Mexico, a Japanese team, Australians...you get the picture. It would be an Amazing Amazing Race (haha). Each team has different language/cultural barriers to overcome. Now THAT, my friends, would be quality reality tv.

I've also been thinking, to be a shoo-in for the show, you should pair-off with some random person off the street for your audition tape. Oh the drama that would unfold! Trying to get to know and deal with a complete stranger while scooting around the globe with them. Insanity!

Last week the racers zipped from Dubai to Rotorua and then Manila! My brother and I realized, that although we've been to the Philippines several times in our lives we've never done the "touristy" things (other than shopping, I mean, hello Leah cannot live without shopping). It's always been running over here and meeting these cousins and then scooting over here and meeting aunt and uncle so and so and then over here to hang out with more cousins. It's all about family whenever we go there. Sure, they've taken us to some hotpools and shopping centres, some nice restaurants. But we've never seen any government buildings, statues, landmarks...tourist stuffs. So when the racers went to Malaguena Motors, we had no idea where that was. Although I'm quite familiar with Jeepneys. Oh how I love Jeepneys, but the tricycles are more my speed. :)

And we have never seen that big duck statue the teams had to find.

But we cracked up over Colin and Christie's ordeal with their carabao(sp?) and plowing the rice field. Weird Kid has made "my ox is broken!" one of his catchphrases these days. As cheesy as that is, I still giggle about it.

Colin's added lament of "I hate you so much" just amused us even further. I still can't tell if he was directing his hate towards Christie or towards the carabao.

Again, we have never been to the Coconut Palace, the pitstop for that leg of the race.

I can't wait for this week's finale. The papers have leaked out that the teams come to Calgary (Canada Olympic Park) and Banff before the final destination/footrace. They sure kept it under wraps 'cuz I hadn't heard about them coming here until now. I'm looking forward to watching it. Needless to say, this has been my favorite season of Amazing Race thus far. Philippines and Canada, Calgary no less! It's all so familiar.

Comments