Not just another pretty face

Of course the one Canadian game I've missed so far in the World Cup of Hockey and it would be the one where my hotcakes Iggy breaks out of his scoring slump and scores two, TWO, all in one period. *sigh*

Ah Iggy, I love you.

Strange phone numbers keep calling my celly. What's worse is they don't leave a message. That is one my biggest pet peeves, unknown numbers calling and then not leaving a message. If you're my friend and you're trying to get a hold of me, then I apologize for not answering my phone but you ought to know that I rarely answer strange-numbered calls but I always check my messages.

And checking the numbers in reversephonedirectory.com doesn't help me much on this one. Yeah, it tells me who the numbers belong to but their names don't ring a bell with me at all.

What was dumb was the one time I decided to answer an unfamiliar call and it was World Health Club saying I had won a two week membership for me and my friend. I answered the phone for that?! I can't even explain why I answered the phone that time since I've been a bit on edge about answering calls I don't recognize lately. Stalkers, you know.

I finally had the time to rent Kill Bill Vol. 2 and tonight I cuddled up on my couch and watched it. (And yes, an unfamiliar caller called my cell and again no message. And it's not always the same number, there are several of them. Paranoia's getting the best of me, I swear.)

It's shameful that it took me so long to finally get to see it. But everybody seemed to go without me at the time 'cuz they assumed I had already gone and seen it.

Anyway, what did I think? I definitely liked the first one better, but the second definitely shows more of Tarantino's storytelling skills. The snake in the suitcase had me scrambling further up the couch. *shivers again* The coffin scene didn't freak me out as much as other people made me think it would. The revenge on Elle -- one of the major moments I had been looking forward to -- was weak in my opinion. I love Bill's pad. And shame on me, I had completely forgotten about her daughter and that she was alive up until the moment they were reacquainted.

Anybody else notice that during the rollcall in the classroom one of the little girl's in Beatrix's class was named Melanie Whorehouse? The poor girl.

And I didn't clue in that Sam L. Jackson was the piano player. Clever!

God, and I absolutely wanted to rip Pai Mei's beard and eyebrows off his face. They absolutely drove me insane.

Comments