"Time is the wisest counsellor of all." ~ Pericles

It's really late at night, but I just had to point out that my blog baby turned two years old on September 10th. Wow, I've been doing this gig for 2 years now. And you know what? I still love it.

I've met a lot of great people on here. Not literally, of course, but I feel as if I've gotten to know some of you very well from your own blogs. Wonderful souls like Ronnie, Mare, and Des. Then you have the terrific reads like Ryan, Bing, xtx, and sahalie. I'm also glad that I have some real-time friends in blog world like Ang and Joe. (I doubt Daisy will do much with her blog until she travels again.)

But more importantly, I've also gotten to know myself a lot more through blogging. I received an anonymous comment the other day, but Haloscan doesn't tell me which entry the comment is pinned to so I went through the crazy process of going through all my archives looking for where this comment originated from. Naturally I read some old posts as I went through everything. And while my blog seems to be all about weekend events and appears trivial on the surface, they really mean a lot to me 'cuz just reading over them I get to experience the feelings I was going through at that particular time...even if I didn't express it out right in the blog entry. As much as my life has stayed pretty consistent, I know my ways of dealing with situations has changed over time. In some ways I have not changed for the better, but on the other hand I can't say that it has turned out for the worse neither.

My beloved blog, for me, is a chronological reminder of my own personal growth. And maybe I'm just fooling myself, but since I can read more between the lines of what I've written it still feels cryptic so it's just me who "gets" it so I'm not feeling so exposed. It's not that I'm secretive, 'cuz I do appreciate the comments and feedback that I get from here. But there have been those times when I've begrudgingly censored myself based on who I thought might be reading the blog at the time and although I bit my tongue...reading it over I can still understand what I wanted to say just by reliving those moments through my posts.

And to answer Mr. or Ms. Anonymous about the limitations as to what I will and will not share about my life here on my blog: I'm trying to be as open as I can on here. It's something that I'm always trying to work on. That's why Saturday Night Fever is my favorite movie, it's a constant reminder to be real. I don't want to put on an act for others nor do I want to delude myself into thinking that I am one way when truly I am the other. It's my belief that the best way for me to do this is to say anything and everything that I want to say, no holding back. Still working on it, but I think I've gone quite a distance in 2 years.

Comments