Be what you want to be

I think Halloween has only gotten more and more enjoyable as I've aged. Trick-or-treating was all fine and good, but now that we're older and are expected to be more serious, more mature...that one time a year where we can transform into whatever we would like to be and actually use a bit of imagination and creativity...I treasure that.

I was going to be a boxer this year. It's always been a costume idea of mine, particularly after Laila Ali became one of my heroes. I'd love to take up boxing but I'm a bit of a hypocrite in that I think punching would be fun, but I don't want to get hit myself.

I've got a blonde wig...I could be Paris Hilton. Get a stuffed chihuahua and tote it around in a fake Louis Vuitton bag. But that's too much work and apparently there are a few wannabe-Parises out there so there went that idea.

Janet Jackson from Rhythm Nation? That'd be cool. Not feeling it too much for this year, though.

I'd really like to do another Kill Bill character and Civic and I thought of Go-Go Yubari. But he thought I should be Go-Go post-defeat with the table leg sticking out of my head and the blood running down my eyes. *shudders* I've never been into the gore and nastiness that Halloween can be at times. I'm all about being something different, but something cute or hot, not nasty and vile.

Then bumming around work one day I saw this bracelet, it's really quite dumb actually, and "boom" I decided I could pull off Betty Rubble. Betty looks like my costume for this year, though I always have the boxer to fall back on.

Wish I could be Pebbles, though. Pebbles has always been my favorite.

Comments