Pretty pretty

So many dear ones came by to my store today I was a little worried that my good luck would turn and I'd also get some unwelcome visitors coming around. Thankfully, that didn't happen. It'd be better for everyone involved if they just accepted the status quo and move on. Mercy knows I have. I'm starting to have faith that they've realized this as well.

So Civic came by and we yapped for a little bit. I swear, as each day goes by that I don't find a new job I become more and more slacker-like at the present job. Yet I still manage to accomplish tons more than some other associates. I can't explain how that works. Then Posie and Lana dropped by, too! Whoosh. There went all my thoughts at doing any tasks at that moment. Instead I walked around the department with Lana in my arms while she raved about the costume jewelry which she found to be "pretty pretty." Ah yes, the little lass has a thing for the bling. And we didn't even make it to the real deal, the fine jewelry. Though I know she'd be quick to learn that diamonds are truly a girl's best friend.

And Daisy came around to pick up some necessities. That girl has a knack for purchasing things when they're not on sale, I swear. Some sort of unimpeccable timing...or something.

Saturday had been insane. Had a birthday party for lunch (mmmm, Pad Thai) then some last minute gift shopping. Swoop over to a cousin's house 'cuz mom wanted to play Mah Jong with the others which led to the whole group just continuing on to my godson's house for his birthday slash his uncle's and future aunt's bridal shower (yeah, who knew 5th birthdays could be combined with marital events...but at least that was one less party to attend) His house was crazy! 200 people in attendance, easy. I attribute this to the fact that my aunt seems to invite her entire church congregation whenever she has a special occasion to celebrate, add into that all of Armand's new school friends and their parents and siblings (it was nuts) plus all the friends of the engaged couple. MADNESS. And for some reason they decided to do the bridal shower festivities first and since I left the party early I didn't even get to see Armand open the Anakin Skywalker Light Saber I bought him. (Weird Kid chuckled when I showed it to him...he felt the Light Saber would be taller than Armand and felt I should have bought the Yoda one instead since it's shorter. No matter, I've heard that he loves playing with it and apparently so does my aunt. Pretty weird.)

Most amusing thing I saw at the party:

Armand and one of his friends, a little East Indian boy, were sitting near me eating birthday cake. I thought his friends might have been thrown off by the purple color of the cake (it was Ube) but none of them seemed to care. The East Indian boy, however, was a bit worried by the macapuno (coconut sport strings) in between the layers of the cake. When he asked my godson what it was, all while poking and flicking it with his fork, Armand rolled his eyes and impatiently snapped at the boy "IT'S UBE!" As if everyone ought to know such simple common things, right? Not to mention Armand didn't answer the little guy's question, but like the kid knew any better.

Home early? Leah, how come? Daisy had called me earlier passing along an invitation from Flag Girl to join her birthday celebration at The Roadhouse. Leah at The Roadhouse? Yeah, I know. I'm not a big fan of their marketing strategies nor am I impressed by their reputation but it was a friend's birthday and without me Daisy would have headed out there alone so I decided to be a sport. Let me tell you...we were in line for an hour and a half. An hour and a half to get into The Roadhouse! During our time in line we saw a girl get bounced out the side door and her screaming and yelling that she was going to call 911 'cuz apparently something was "totally filthy." I can't tell if she was talking about how the bouncers tackled her to the ground face first when she swung at them or if the whole club itself was "totally filthy."

Later on we saw a twig of a man take a swing at a HUGE man and the taxi right beside them almost ran over the twigman after hugeman knocked him down onto the ground.

I saw hoochies galore try to get past the line by flaunting their skankiness. Man, it's been a while since I've been to an establishment where this is still a common practice. In praise of the bouncers, they were actually fair and honored the lineup as it stood.

I like seeing young hoochies get denied. :)

But that didn't stop 3 little hoochies from trying to pass the line 3 times. Each time they reappeared even drunker than before. (Where were they drinking? Around the corner?) They finally got in right before us. I guess persistence pays off but even I was feeling sorry for the bouncer-dudes. I would've let them in, too, just to get rid of them.

Naturally, those three little hoochies danced or whatever you want to call it on the speakers behind the DJ booth the entire night.

I saw people dressed in honky-tonk (I guess they don't know how The Roadhouse actually operates) dancing The Clap. Oh my. I'm surprised they didn't do the A-Town Stomp. Who came up with these dance moves, anyway? Aside: When Weird Kid and his friends were showing his manager, who's African-American, their "new moves" his manager got a chuckle with them saying that it was hip-hop's marketing ploy to let white people dance, too.

Anyway, the point of all this was that I thought I was missing the top 40 clubs of my youth. But once I was back in that element I simply had no patience for it. Honestly, you could've taken Saturday night's scene and compared it with 7 years ago and nothing has really changed. I guess I really am getting older and there's a reason why I frequent the dressier, 25 and older clubs now.

Comments