The return of FOB-ball

as I affectionately call it. Though you know not everyone playing is a FOB.

That's right, the Calgary Pilipino Basketball Association opened their season last Sunday. Flamingo and his cousin started up a new team so no more NE Express for them. They are now Juice. People had little faith in them since their first game was against Sovereign (the winners of last season's playoffs) but they held their own and only lost by 3 points in the last minute of the game. Good stuffs.

Now, one would hope that you are wondering about my beloved Phenoms. Our team has shrunk a bit, but they recruited some players who have found their fit into the team dynamic beautifully. And our first game? It was against Bliss (formerly known as XL Fine) and we trounced them by 13 points if I remember correctly. My wonderful brother scored two baskets himself. This brought his girlfriend and us, his darling sister/fans, great joy. But there was also a new fan in the stands with us.

Apparently, the mother of Mo Girl...girlfriend of Weird Kid's friend as well as good friend to Soccer Girl (Weird Kid's girlfriend, 'cuz I don't think I've given her a nickname yet) has developed a little crush on Weird Kid after seeing his picture on the giveaway Mo Girl brought home from Weird Kid's birthday dinner. She's always teasing Soccer Girl and telling her to keep on her toes 'cuz she may steal Weird Kid away from her someday. Cute, but a tad bizarre. I mean, I know it's all just jokes but whoa. I'm glad none of my friends' parents have a crush on me, you know?

Anyway, the Crushing Fan whooped and hollered louder than the rest of us girls. :) Fortunately, she kept her favoritism to a minimum and cheered the rest of our boys on as well. (Good thing for Mo Girl's boyfriend! I'll call him Ro Boy...this nickname business is getting tough. Anyway, can you imagine knowing that your girlfriend's mother thinks your friend is cuter than you? Again, so weird.)

Next week we play the new NE Express. It shall be interesting.

Comments