"Can you feel it? Can you feel it? Can you feel it?"

My iTunes just fed me that Jacksons tune. I forgot all about that song...haven't heard it since I was a little girl.

The vibe on that song likes to convince me that something revolutionary is going to happen. Something good is about to happen real soon. "Can you feel it?" It's like you want to toss your hands up into the air, hands shaking all jazz-hands style towards the heavens. Hallelujah!

It also makes a good shimmy be-happy song. Go on try it. Left shoulder first, now go with the right. Left again. Right forward next. Shimmy those boobies. Shimmy shimmy shimmy.

Now lean back. Lean back. Lean back. Lean back.

Hahahaha.

Now it's the Red Hot Chili Peppers "By The Way." RHCP is so hot.

Hahaha, how ironic, now it's "Lean Back" by Terror Squad. My iTunes/iPod and I...we have this connection. It's kind of spooky sometimes, really.

I'm very grateful that I chickened out of that government travel position in Kabul...don't know if they eventually found someone but I'm so happy it's not me. Who knew they'd be kidnapping people in Afghanistan, too? There's no amount of money that would make it worth it for me to work over there.

I'm missing the whole latin flavor business. As you all know, I never made it to SoHo last Saturday. I didn't realize how much I was aching to dance there again until I went for coffee with my coworker the Redhead and they were playing yummy latin beats and I just wanted to let myself go and move. Oye mi cuerpo pide salsa.

Since I have the day off tonight I spent the late night watching totally useless shows. I even watched that PBS children's favorite, Arthur. The big difference was that I watched Arthur on Telelatino. That's right, I watched Arturo. I never realized it would be so difficult understanding Spanish when it's coming from annoying cartoon voices. Good practice for me, though.

Like when I was watching Spongebob Squarepants in my hotel room in Ixtapa. No, I wasn't wasting my time in Mexico by vegging in front of the tv...I was waiting for my roommate to finish getting ready. I can't remember if they changed Spongebob's name to something Spanish, though. I guess you could say that you could make me watch anything on television if you change it into something Spanish. I mean, I don't even watch Spongebob over here.

I wonder what Saturday Night Fever would be like in Spanish.

Comments