A modern stone-aged girl

I thought my Betty Rubble costume was pretty damn cute. I've got no pictures yet. I'm horrible when it comes to taking pictures, it takes me forever to finish a roll of film. Perhaps some of my coworkers or their friends have some pictures developed already.

Bizkette has a pretty nice one of me from when we hung out at her place at the end of the night. As everyone knows I'm not a big fan of "staying in" on any given night, but we were just killing time waiting for her boy to get ready so we could head out again.

Except that Daisy and I were so wiped out that the waiting around just put us in a dazed exhaustion mode. He was ready to go by 3, but there's nothing really open at that hour except for Denny's (which we had already been to that night) and Tim Horton's (which Bizkette didn't really want to go to) so that was the end of the evening. Basically he got all ready just to take us home. Time's up.

Man, that reminds me of mr. guy. What is with all these guys who take a long time (no offense to Bizkette's guy, he's great...and so was mr. guy, I guess you could say) and keep you waiting? I HATE waiting. I could never do that to someone else 'cuz I consider it rude and inconsiderate of the other person's time and it's absolutely selfish...but that's just me. Basically if you always keep me waiting it shows you have no respect for me. Bye bye.

But I think her guy is great and this is the first time I've seen him make her wait. So he gets a pass.

This year's club crawl was one of our better ones people-wise. But venue wise I think we crapped out. After years of having the good fortune of avoiding the Sun Centre we were finally subjected to it. Luckily it was our 3rd and not our final destination. People weren't kidding when they complained that it's just a big warehouse type area with a bar on each end. Sure there are clubs that are actually like that but those places have more vibe going on. This was like a high school dance, complete with the fold out chairs, the fold out banquet tables draped with checkered plastic tablecloths from the dollar store, balloons, and cheesy-cutesy Halloween decorations. It was awful. The girls and I basically sat at one of the tables just waiting it out until we could proceed to the next venue. They killed our fun. Some guys tried to help us out a bit by offering to share their joint...yeah, it was so bad that people were resorting to drugs. But we're not those kind of girls...at least not with strangers.

Our crawl had started out great, Whiskey and then Coyote's. Sun Centre was a joy-kill. After Sun Centre was the Back Alley. In my opinion, Back Alley is not a great place to end up, but for some of my coworkers it was just what they wanted. I wish they hadn't played their music so excessively loud. I know that sounds like such a grandma thing to say but really there was no need for their music to be so ear-bleedingly loud. My ears were ringing well into the evening the next day. I was sooooo not impressed.

No "exciting" news to report. I flirted a bit (and I do mean a small teensy tiny bit) with a Jimi Hendrix...yes, once again it's all about the dark chocolate. However, when it was clear that he wasn't going to get all that far with me he ended up with one of the girls from the Swedish Volleyball team. Typical.

There weren't any costumes that really stood out in my opinion. But holy, the skank factor was peaking this time around. There was this one girl, her costume was basically lace boycut panties with a matching bra with attached sheer teddy and fairy wings. Not to mention as the evening wore on all sense of public decency got thrown out the window. Daisy and I had a hard time enjoying our meal at Denny's when one girl who was wearing a short skirt decided to lay down on the bench while her and her boyfriend waited for a table. It's not a horrendous thing to do until you take into consideration that she also had her feet on the bench with her legs bent so her ass and all were facing us and the other diners. Good lord.

And we thought it was provocative when a friend of ours shed her top and sat around in her bra that one Halloween. Times are changing, and so are these young little hoochies.

Comments